Waiting

I sit in the room where we will wait out or 40 hours. Surprisingly I'm not that angry about it. I'm more focused on avoiding questioning. Everyone is curious about my melt down out there. Gon tilts his head. "Are you okay, Ami?" I smile weakly. "U-Uh...ya." Gon nods. "If you say so." He runs off to play with Killua. I glance at Kurapika. I want to tell him. He has a similar story. I move to sit next to him as he reads. "Kurapika...." he looks at me. "Yes?" I stare at him. "Can I tell you something?" He nods. I look away. "I'm kinda like you." He tilts his head. "What do you mean?" I take a shaky breath. I bet letting it out will make me happy again. "W-Well....you know that pretty place I told you about during the run?" He nods. "Yes, I remember." I stare at the ground. Do I really have to say it? "That's my clan." I don't want to say those words to him. That they are gone. He thinks on that. Then it hits him. "They were..?" I nod. "When I was ten." His eyes are wide. I shrug my shoulders. "I don't want revenge. Because, no matter how much I want it, I don't want to give in to my dark side. I can't. That would taint the good memory's. I don't have it in me to do that, Kurapika." He stares. "In that case, your stronger than me." He stares at the wall. "I've already given in."