Chapter Six: Friends Once More

Jake's P.O.V

"JAKE?!". It was Hailey. I stood up. "I-I swear, I didn't mean to stay in here, I just wanted to gather my stuff before you guys had band practice so-". Hailey cut me off. "A-are, you okay, Jake?", she asked, her voice barely a whisper. "I-". "Hailey?", asked Daisy. 

"Jake told me that you kicked him out of the music club, is this true?". "Yes", said Hailey. "Because of a recording, correct?". "Yes". "In which, Jake didn't mean what he said". "Yes- wait what?".

"What are you doing here in the first place?", asked Daisy. "I heard voices in this direction, so I followed them", replied Hailey. 

"I will leave you two to talk but Hailey, Jake is a really sweet guy, and, there must be some kind of explanation for why he said all those things, please hear him out", pleaded Daisy. "I was meaning to talk to him anyway", replied Hailey. "Okay, then I'll leave you two to talk", said Daisy, as she walked towards the door.

When she was gone, Hailey walked up to me. She looked at me for a few seconds, then looked away. We stood in silence for who knows how long until I spoke up. "So, how's everything going for you?", I asked. 

"Fine", replied Hailey. "Look, I", I said. "I'm sorry", we both said, at the same time. She looked up at me, her cheeks tinted with pink. "Oh, you first", I said. "No, you first, I insist", she replied.

"I-I, I know you probably won't believe me if I say this but, I really didn't mean a word of what I said in that recording, and I'm sorry for leaving you and the club in this state-". "No Jake", she said. "I believe you". 

My eyes widened. "You, you do?". She nodded her head. "And, I'm sorry, for not giving you a chance to explain, I wanted to believe that you were innocent, I just didn't let myself", she said.

"The truth is, I was really hurt whenever I heard you say all that stuff in the recording, so much that I didn't believe it at first, but when I realized that was you who said all those things, I broke down, only because I had put so much trust in you and I was so eager to give you a second chance". 

"So, you don't trust me anymore, do you?", I said. "I never said that I didn't trust you anymore", said Hailey, smiling a bit.

"Even if nobody else in the club realizes, Daisy was right, you are a really sweet guy, and you've helped us all in ways where we can't even thank you enough. I know that you couldn't have said any of those things on purpose".

I was speechless. So, Hailey still trusted me, even though nobody else in the club did. "So, how long were you here?", I asked. 

"Long enough to hear everything you and Daisy said to each other", she replied. "Now, I know for sure that you didn't mean what you said". I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything. I stepped closer to her and threw my arms around her.

Hailey was shocked, but hugged me back. We stayed like that until the bell rang. We pulled away from each other. 

"Sorry", I said, as I rubbed the back of my neck. "I don't know what got into me". "It's alright, I really needed that. I smiled. "Thank you, for believing in me, even when nobody else does", I said. She smiled back at me.

"So does this mean we're friends again?", I asked. "Yeah, pretty much", she replied. "But I don't know if I can let you back into the music club. 

Believe me, I want to, but it's a club decision, and the majority of the club doesn't want you back in", said Hailey. "That's okay, as long as you and I are friends again", I said.

"Well, I better get to class, so I'll see you around", she said, as she walked towards the door. I waved and she waved back.

 A huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders, I was friends with Hailey now. However, I still needed to earn the rest of the club's trust back. 

Even if I wasn't going to earn their trust anytime soon, I was still happy that I was friends with Hailey agzin. One down, four more to go.

YAAAASSSSS! We're one step closer to Jailey! Here it is, the chapter y'all have been waiting for! 

Also, I felt bad for leaving you guys on cliffhangers, so here is a normal chapter.

 I actually had trouble with this one, especially because this one was in Jake's POV, and imo, 

I'm much better at writing in Hailey's POV, so sorry if this chapter wasn't good. 

Thank you guys so much for 200+ reads! 

I feel so happy that my first book is doing so well! Thank you guys for reading and I will see 

you in the next chapter

Luv ya! 💙💛✨

PS: The picture for at the beginning of the story, I had to find a scene from the actual episode, then draw over it, so the picture  or art isn't mine, I just wanted to make that clear. Same goes for the picture in 'Did he mean it?'. So, I'm sorry if the tears I drew suck.