Melinda

Well... We haven't reached the protagonist yet! But here we will clarify any of your doubts and tell the story of the best and bravest warrior in the kingdom of Castella!

Her wavy brown hair, dark eyes, and straight nose told everyone that she was of commoner origin. Because she started working at an early age, at the age of 20 she was the king's most trusted royal maid and servant.

Moli was the nickname of Melinda the maid who served Arthur IV, the little prince of Castella.

One of her gifts was her incredible battle instincts and stamina. Many wondered why instead of joining the royal knights, she chose to spend the whole day running and being pranked by the little prince. The truth was, although it was a stressful job, she was proud to take care of what she believed to be the next king of her lands.

She knew that Arthur only made pranks because he was feeling alone and pressured. Over the years, Moli had been all the time besides the boy and knew him like an open book. Her life was now dedicated to the boy, her warrior's days had stayed behind.

In front of others, Prince tried to look like a strong and noble boy, but he always ended up doing what his heart told him to do.

Often after being reprehended, he would run away somewhere. And when no one was looking, he would burst into tears.

At study time, he pretended to understand the lessons and write the works, but all the teachers knew that he had not even memorized the alphabet properly.

Moli confronted Arthur, but also stood by him when he needed his help. In the mornings, while he was undergoing strict training, she shouted encouragement and brought him treats. She also started to help him with his studies, and in the afternoon, scarifying a little of her time to play with him.

In the end, Moli was not the only one he listened to and obeyed, but the only one he truly smiled at.

Days were going well until on a hot summer day when Arthur who was still sleepy in the morning, was severely repressed by the royal guard for being distracted during training. That same day, the teachers decided to increase the productivity of his studies by doubling the studying hours.

He held on, stood firm, and tried to make up for his mistakes by helping the cooks to make dinner. For pure distraction, he ended up exchanging salt for sugar while preparing the soup that would be served for dinner. The cooks, thinking that this was one more of his games, had a fit of fury and went to complain to the King.

Moli didn't expect this to become such a big thing. Around the time that Arthur's study period would have ended, Moli found him in the kitchen. This time it was the servants who played a trick on him. Before she could do anything to change the situation, that was obviously going in a disastrous direction, the little prince ran from her without looking back.

The servants were still laughing at little Arthur's reaction.

"How can anyone openly laugh at a child's suffering, knowing he is responsible for everything?" Moli reflected herself. There are people and people, she knew that. But they always managed to surprise her.

Her eyes dart towards Prince, but he was already out of sight.

Then she turned to the cooks. She crossed her arms and positioned herself in front of his eyes, waiting for an excuse convincing enough not to report to the King.

Many servants knew Moli's temperament, some did not.

The cook who replied mockingly was one of the latter.

— You really don't believe the King will make him his successor, do you? It's just a brat from somewhere with no lineage, we will probably have a popular election, don't you think? — Asked one of the cooks.