Chapter one: The Leader's Daughter [Avery]

Avery awoke to the bright light shining in her eyes, she leapt out of bed, squinting rapidly. ' ' AVERY! ' ' Shouted Violet, Avery winced as her loud voice rang around the walls of her cave ' ' I'm here! ' ' She yelled back, this was not how she wanted to start her day. Avery entered the room Violet was waiting for her in ' ' Hiiiiiiii! ' ' Said Violet ' ' Are you hungry? ' ' As always Violet had a joyful expression on, Avery just sat on a chair and replied ' ' Kind of... I really fancy some fruit.. ' ' She trailed off, still half asleep. ' ' Fresh Fruit doesn't come until Friday. ' ' Said Violet, Avery groaned and slammed her head into the table ' ' How could this day get ANY worse?? ' ' Violet just chuckled and smiled, ' ' We can sneak out to get fruit, my father will never know. ' '

Once Avery had finally gotten ready she brought a shovel, bow & arrow and a dagger with her—just in case of course. As they walked through the tunnels she heard shouts and hushed Violet behind her, Violet being her Energetic and Bubbly self asked in a quite loud voice ' ' OOOOOHH.. What are we doing? ' ' Avery face palmed, moments later she heard a voice ' ' WHO IS THERE? ' ' She froze and signalled to Violet to stay behind her, Violet did not get the message and walked up to the Landfolk ' ' Hello! I'm Violet who are- OW! ' ' she yelped in pain as the Landfolk warrior stabbed her in the arm. Avery quickly took out the dagger and wrapped some cloth around Violets arm, she then proceeded to stab the Landfolk warrior with his own dagger, he thumped to the ground, she stepped over the body. ' ' Violet, Go back to the village, they will be able to heal you. ' ' Avery said, concerned for her friend, Violet whimpered slightly, upset that her friend was going, but obeyed her anyways.

She made her way through the tunnels, digging up more dirt occasionally to get to where she supposed the Landfolk castle way, well based off the fact all the warriors were coming through the tunnels, although they had a disadvantage A. They could not see in the dark and B. The Tunnellers themselves built these tunnels so the Landfolk would get easily lost. She was lost in thought and fell to the ground, tripping over a rock, someone helped her up and she freaked out, it was a Landfolk, the same age as her but she didn't care her instincts told her to stab him so she did. ' ' OW- you know I have feelings too! ' ' he fell to the ground ' ' Did I kill him? ' ' she said in a half whisper to herself ' ' -Nope.. ' ' Said the boy acting like a cry baby just because she stabbed him in the leg, she started walking back some the tunnels, ' ' N-no! Don't leave me here!! ' ' Avery snorted.