•3•

Lilah

My head felt like it was spinning. I felt weak, like my legs would give out at any moment.

Looking up, I saw green eyes, a gentle smile.

I felt.. safe for the first time in ages.

"C'mon, I'll get you something to eat. Then we'll get you cleaned up, dressed and rested alright?" His voice was calm as he spoke, one hand holding onto mine lightly, the other seeming poised to move should I need to be caught.

I nodded, holding onto him slightly. "Thank you."

"You don't need to thank me Lilah." He said softly, leading me to what I assumed would be his kitchen.

He gently gripped my hips, lifting me up onto the counter. "D'you want anything in particular?"

"I don't mind. I'm just hungry, and tired." I murmured.

"Alright." He reached up and grabbed a glass from gbe cupboard, filling it with water and gently pressing it into my hand. "You need it." He said softly.

I nodded slightly, raising he glass to my lips. Looking at my hand, I was filthy. I felt gross. I felt the need to scrub at my skin for hours on end.

"I'll run a bath after you eat, okay?" He glanced over, and must've seen me starting to pick at my arms.

I nodded softly, finishing my water.

Thirty minutes later, I was in a bath. My stomach full for the first time in months, and my skin feeling clean. I'd ran and drained the water three times as I washed myself off, having quickly dirtied it each time.

I rinsed shampoo out of my hair, Spencer having helped me brush it out before I got in the bath.

I curled up in the water, my arms crossed over my chest.

I wanted to go home, but I didn't know if I'd find my family-

I didn't know where I was.

After sitting in silence for a few more minutes, I climbed out of the bath, pulling on the clothes Spencer had left with me.

It was so warm..

I buried my nose into the collar of the hoodie, the sleeves hanging over my hands.

I walked back out into the living area, looking around a little. My arms wrapped around myself.

I felt tired but.. I didn't want to sleep.

I was scared that when I'd wake up, this would all have been a dream...

I jumped slightly when I heard the faint clicking behind me, turing to see Spencer.

"I thought that might scare you a bit less than if I just started talking." He said softly. "Are you tired?"

"A little. But I don't want to sleep."

He nodded softly, seeming to understand. "C'mere." He offered a hand, his fingers calloused.

I took his hand, letting him lead me to what I'd guessed was his room.

He sat on the bed, gently holding his arms out.

I didn't think I'd want to go to him but, my feet started moving before I could stop myself. I curled up beside him, leaning into his chest.

"There you go." He smiled softly. "Get some rest. I've got you." He laid down, gently pulling me with him.

I sighed contently, burying by nose into his neck as I curled up, his hands on my back.

"Sleep Little Earthling. I'll stay with you until you wake up." He murmured softly, his lips brushing against my ear slightly.

I nodded softly and cuddled into him, quickly starting to feel my eyes droop as I nearly clung onto him.

He hummed quietly, a soft, gentle tune as I fell asleep in his arms. My mind for once calm.