Ch2: The Weirdo On Maple Street

...But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you...

~§~

Y/n's POV

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?" Mike asked the girl who was now sitting on the couch in Mike's basement.

She looked very scared and confused like she's never seen people before, breathing heavily as the boys continued to bombard her with a gazillion questions.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?"

"Dustin!" I hissed, elbowing his side.

"Did you run away?"

"Are you in some kind of trouble?"

"Is that blood?" Lucas questioned, going to touch her face, but his hand was quickly swatted away by Mike.

"Stop it! You're freaking her out!"

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas countered.

"I bet she's deaf" Dustin claimed, clapping both of his hands in her face, making her flinch.

"Not deaf" Dustin shrugged.

"All right, that's enough, all right? She's just scared and cold" I said, making all of them shut up while Mike went to get the girl some clean clothes.

The thunder rumbled again, making the girl flinch and close her eyes. 

"Hi I'm y/n" I crouched down to her level, holding my hand out for her to shake.

She just stared at me blankly, giving no response whatsoever.

"Here, these are clean" Mike said, handing her a pair of fresh clothes.

She rubbed them against her cold cheek before standing up and removing Mike's coat off her shoulders and bending down to remove her shirt.

"No, no, no!" Mike yelled as both of us put our hands on top of hers, to stop her.

Lucas as Dustin turned around quickly, yelling.

"Oh, my God. Oh, my God." Dustin exclaimed, putting both of his hands up.

"See over there? That's the bathroom" I told the girl as I pointed toward the bathroom.

"Privacy. Get it?" Mike continued, as I lead her to the bathroom, going to close the door for her before she stopped me, putting her hand on the door.

"You don't want it closed?" Mike asked from behind me

"No" my eyes widened as I heard her speak. Finally.

"Oh, so you can speak" Mike replied, looking at her.

"Okay, well... Um, how about we just keep the door.." I asked leaving a bit of a gap, not closing the door completely.

"just like this, is that better?" I asked her softly, trying to get her to warm up to me.

"Yes," she replied as I walked off to Lucas and Dustin.

"This is mental" 

"At least she can talk" Mike added, joining us.

"She said 'no' and 'yes' Your three-year-old sister says more" Lucas replied, annoyed.

"She tried to get naked" Dustin recalled.

"There's something seriously wrong with her" Lucas whispered pointing to his head. "Like, wrong in the head"