Ch4: The Body

...'Cause I'm in a field of dandelions
Wishing on every one that you'll be mine, mine...
~§~

"This is Lucas, do you copy? Over" "Dustin do you copy?" "Hello"

Dustin groaned, hearing Lucas's voice from his supercomm, he rubbed his eyes, looking around he noticed that y/n was no longer there, where did she go?

"Dustin wake up man, Dustinnnn" he quickly got up, taking out the walkie from his bag, hoping y/n was just in the kitchen with his mom or something.

"What do you want? " "We need to get to Mike's house asap" "What? Why?" "He said it's about Will. Can you get y/n, I've been trying to reach her" "Okay fine. Over and out" 

He sighed, walking out of his room, straight to the kitchen to find his mom cooking breakfast, y/n nowhere to be seen.

"Hey honey bun, how are you feeling?" Claudia asked, wrapping her son into a hug "I'm so sorry about Will, Dusty bun".

"Thanks, mom, where's y/n?"

"Oh, y/n's parents came back last night, they took her home"

"Oh okay" he mumbled sitting at the table with a frown.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The radio frequencies were tuning, indistinct whimpering coming from the supercomm as the gang sat in a circle, watching El mess with the buttons. 

"We keep losing the signal, but you heard it, right?" Mike questioned looking at his friends, desperately wanting them to say yes.

"Yeah, I heard a baby" Lucas answered "What?"

"Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor. It's probably the Blackburn's next door"

"Uh, did that sound like a baby to you? That was Will!" Mike exclaimed, determined. 

"Mike..."

"Lucas, you don't understand. He spoke last night. Words! He was singing that weird song he loves. Even El heard him!" Mike claimed.

"Oh, well, if the weirdo heard him, then I guess—"  "Are you sure you're on the right channel?" Dustin spoke up, cutting Lucas off.

"I don't think it's about that. I think, somehow, she's channeling him" Mike replied, "like... like Professor X?"

"Yeah"

"Are you actually believing this crap?" Lucas asked, looking at y/n and Dustin, directing the question towards them.

"I don't know, I mean..." Dustin trailed off "Do you remember when Will fell off his bike and broke his finger?" y/n continued "He sounded a lot like that" Dustin hummed in agreement.

"Did you guys not see what I saw? They pulled Will's body out of the water. He's dead!" Lucas yelled, y/n wincing at his choice of words, her mind going back to last night, the last thing she needed to be thinking about was Will's body. Dustin patted her knee and she gave him a small smile in return. 

"Well, maybe it's his ghost. Maybe he's haunting us"

"It's not his ghost" 

"So how do you know that?" 

"I just do!" 

"Then what was in that water?"

"I don't know! All I know is Will is alive. Will is alive! He's out there somewhere. All we have to do is find him" Mike asserted.

As y/n heard static crackling from the walkie she realized that this would not work, they needed a stronger radio. "This isn't gonna work you guys. She needs a stronger radio"