Part 8

Miranda's eyes fluttered open.  She turned over and groaned because her head was hurting her. She did not recognize where she was because her vision was blurry.  The last thing she remembered was sitting on her sofa in her living room and something was terribly wrong.  All of a sudden, she sat up with a jolt blinking quickly to try and focus.  When her vision cleared, she realized she was in her bedroom in her own bed.  She grabbed her head because she was lightheaded, and she felt like she had to throw up.

She was confused.  She groaned again trying to figure out how she got there.  She looked down and noticed she was no longer wearing the clothes she remembered having on.  She was in a cotton night gown.  She looked at her arm and saw a band aid. She scrunched up her face trying hard to remember.  She suddenly felt a pain on her right breast.  So, she moved the strap of her gown down and lifted it away from her breast.  Her eyes widen when she saw redness and what looked to be teeth marks on her areola.   She gasped and said to herself. 

"What the hell happened to me?"

The last thing she remembered was sitting on the sofa with Marcus and feeling sick.  She closed her eyes trying to think.  She started seeing flashes of what happened.  She could see her hands flailing trying to push him off of her.  She could see Marcus pulling down her blouse and moving close to her chest. Tears starting to appear in her eyes as she remembered his breath his scent and the feel of his teeth on her breast but after that,  there was nothing.  The thought of what happened made Miranda start to wail.  She placed her face in her hands and repeatedly and loudly said,

"No..no.... no.... no!"

All of a sudden Callie came running into her bedroom.  She went up to her and touched her shoulder.   
Miranda started to fight her and scream loudly. 

"Miranda....Miranda it's me.  It's me......Callie"

It took Miranda a minute to recognize her friend's voice but when she did, she grabbed her and hugged her tight crying uncontrollably.  Callie rubbed her back soothingly and said

"Shhh...You're okay...You're okay.... I'm here."  

Miranda continued to cry, and Callie continued to hold her until her cries were soft whimpers.  When she finally stopped, Callie laid her down and Miranda immediately went into a fetal position.  Callie laid down behind her and continued to hold her.  She laid with her until she fell asleep again.  After about an hour Miranda woke up but Callie was no longer in the room with her, but she could sense someone there.  She opened her eyes and saw Ben standing in the corner just watching her with worried eyes. 

"Ben" 

Miranda Whispered.  

Ben walked closer to her and sat in the chair that was by the side of the bed. He placed his hand on hers and caressed it.  The same thing that happened the first time they touched happened again but this time he his whole-body came into perfect view he was not transparent. She held on to his hand tighter and cried.

"Please don't cry Miranda. You're safe."

Just when Miranda was about to speak the door to her bedroom opened.  It was Callie.  She looked at Ben and said,  

"Wow.  you look different."

Miranda eyes went wide, and she sat up still holding onto Ben's hand and looked between the two and said,

"You know about him?"

"Yeah, and how come you did not tell me you had your very own guardian ghost?" 

Miranda titled her head not knowing what she meant.

"Ben here is the one who save you from that "burro"