Prologue

"For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea, and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass, he shall have whatsoever he saith." 

Mark 11:23, King James Bible 

It was going to happen, it had to. 

This was her mountain and it was about to be cast into the sea. 

Firmly planting her feet beside the overturned mini-van and with all the strength her 128 lb. frame could muster, she screamed in defiance of her odds and lifted the crumpled, metal monster that was ruthlessly pinning her child to the ground. 

At one time or another we've all been captured by a news story of the impossible suddenly becoming possible. There is no rational explanation, and yet as humans we feel compelled to find an explanation for the unexplainable. The answer, if there is one, is complicated but what I can tell you, is that the immutable Law of Believing is always at it's core. You know, believing is receiving? That simple, overused phrase that shows up on everything from an inspirational office poster to the side of a secret Santa coffee mug. The tendency is to cynically discount such things, but the funny thing is, 

believing is like gravity. It doesn't require your belief in it for it to work. It just works, every time. 

I've long been intrigued by that verse. As I see it, there are three possibilities of it's meaning.  It's either a bold face lie or to be kind, an exaggeration.  Or merely a metaphor to serve as inspiration to all who persevere in the face of insurmountable odds. Or lastly,  and most interestingly, a simple truth, hidden in plain sight to be taken literally on it's face, that holds the keys to unfathomable abilities beyond our wildest imagination. Think about that...

If it is that simple, then it begs the question, why don't we see this in evidence more often? 

The answer is in the verse's only caveat- 

"and shall not doubt in his heart." 

Doubt. The biggest obstacle to the occurrence of the super natural is the elimination of doubt. After all, doubt is believing in reverse, a contradiction, working contrary to the goal. To obscure all doubt in your heart, the core of your being, is seemingly impossible. One would have to have been raised in a world without limitations, without circumstances brought on by western culture and modern civilization. 

As far as I know, only one person in recorded history has ever managed to pull that off- and He was born with it.So I asked myself a question. What if someone had the ability to turn doubt off, like a light switch, whenever he or she needed to? What would that person be capable of, what would be possible, what remarkable things would we, and the world for that matter, see? 

Meet John Frum.