Celeste

Celeste took a deep breath. She looked back at the dark corner where a figure of a man stopped by. Her legs shivered as she saw him.

She couldn’t fathom what she saw. She couldn’t even understand it. Was it a man? A person? Or a demon? She didn’t know. But the glimpse of it was enough to frighten her.

She succumbed to her fears. Her heart was erratically beating.

Sa hindi kalayuan bahagi ng lugar na kanyang kinaroroonan ay may isang nilalang na nakatayo at pawang sinusundan si Celeste. Ang pula nitong mga mata ay maigi siyang tinititigan. Bahagyang nakaalsa ang mga paa nito sa lupa. Nakangisi ito sa kaniya habang laylay ang mahaba nitong dila.

She shook her head. She brushed her eyes in panic, frustration, and remembered horror. It might just be her imagination but the fact that she could still see it, alive and still moving, frightened her even more.

She took a deep breath and started walking again. This time, she made sure she did it fast. But her every step felt small as the man was running towards her direction fastly.

Kumakabog ang kanyang dibdib sa bawat hakbang na pilit tinatahak. Her knees went weak but her urge and determination to survive whatever doom that was chasing her made her goes on.

She needs to survive. She had to. Marami pa siyang dapat gawin. Marami pa siyang dapat aminin. Kay Raj… sa boyfriend niya at tungkol sa katotohanan na pilit nilang ikinukubli at patuloy na itinatago kay Raj. She has to clear it all up. She has to make it right.

And she knew that her death would affect them. The secrets should be leaked. She has to survive.

She started running even faster.

She looked back again. The man wasn’t there anymore. Iginiya niya ang kanyang paningin sa kabuuan ng lugar.

Walang nang ibang tao bukod sa kaniya.

Kahit na nangangatal na ang kanyang mga paa’y pilit pa rin siyang tumakbo papalayo.

She couldn’t see him anymore but her guts said that he’s just near. Nag-aabang lamang ng tamang tiyempo. Sinusundan siya.

Celeste stopped by the parking lot. She gazed around once again.

Walang ibang tao roon bukod sa kaniya sa kahit saan mang dako ng kabuuan ng lote. It was peaceful. Quiet. Walang bakas ng isang tao, demonyo, o ano mang nilalang ang nakita niya kanina.

Daan paliko.

Limang hakbang.

Napabuntong hininga si Celeste. Nang madatnan niya ang akala niyang ligtas na lugar ay agad na nanayo ang kanyang balahibo.

She thought that it would be the end of her misery but her expectations were far beyond reality. She never thought that it would be the end of her. She was expecting a building full of lively people but what unveiled in front of her eyes was an abandoned bizarre building.