Chapter 1

Her   -   Kaya

I finish the end of the cigarette, I scratch it on the ashtray. I wander around the chamber and place my hair up in a messy bun. I slide on my boots and jacket. I glance in the mirror and make sure I look presentable.

'I sense something is going to occur today.' I hear the smooth voice of my Elf, Jax, echo in my head.

"What is it?" I question her. it's irregular when she speaks. And it aches to sense her misery.

'I don't know...' She sighs. 'Maybe Ed knows something...' We both glance at Eden to witness what she has to say. She sighs and attempts to notice what's going on.

'M-mate... I-I believe i-it's mate...' She whispers. I freeze. I shake my head and stride down the stairs.

"Let's not bring our expectancies up..." I sigh. I stroll into the kitchen and grab a banana and assemble a mug of coffee for myself.

"Kaya, she's here." Kit states. I sigh and step out with my mug of coffee after tossing the peel in the garbage.

I walk with Kit out of the house and instantly an aroma of vanilla strikes my nose. I conceal my shock with a numb face like always and walk to the captivating lady standing next to her car. My beta, Parker, is standing next to her.

"Hello Sienn, my name is Kit, I'm the Alpha's sister." So she got the announcement huh? Mom and dad have determined that she's overly touchy-feely for this position. I smirk internally. She is no longer an Alpha or a part Alpha. "My sister," steps to the side. "Is the Alpha." Her breath is caught in her throat as I look at her while sipping on my espresso.

"H-hello, I'm Sienn Ricci." She states her Sicilian accent loud and clear in her tone. I nod at her and there's a lengthy stillness as I sip on my coffee glancing Sienn in her eyes. She visibly shivers after a minute or two. So I choose to make her life more comfortable

"Kaya Jones - Williams." I present myself. She nods and I notice goosebumps on her skin from my rough voice. Once again, I prevent a smirk from reaching my face and wait for her to state her business here. After a few minutes, she recognises I'm not going to declare she's my mate and her facade drops a bit though, it looks like only I catch it.

"I-I'm here to look for my mate. I have explored throughout Italy and my senses advised me to arrive here." She looked throughout Italy and currently, she's looking through the Islands. And her first choice stood accurate.

Though exclusively Eden is feeling a link to Sienn, Jax expresses she senses a vague bond which solely leaves the possibility of me having another mate.

"Well come in. Let's head to my office." I speak and stride in. I can sense her strolling after me up the stairs to the large black office. I sit down and signal for her to do the same.

"W-... How o-old are you?" She questions. I continue sipping on my coffee while gazing at her. Her eyes skipped around in the space. She glances at the black walls, the raven cabinets, and the ebony leather seats. Eventually, her gaze arrives around me.

"I'll be 30 in a few days," I report. Her eyes dilate in shock and she attempts her best to conceal it, though she fails miserably.

"T-thirty? You've probably been waiting for... 11 years..." She speaks still in surprise though empathy oozes into her tone.

"I don't need your pity." I voice harsher than plotted. I notice the pain in her eyes.

She nods and gradually gets up. She strides toward me and sits on the table in front of me. She envelops her hands around my neck and gets me nearer to her. "I'm sorry it took me so long to locate you." She whispers. Her breath fanning my face. I take my time analysing her.

Her light skin against my dark one. Her dark hair was in a ponytail. Her figure is fairly little, she has adorable freckles plastered all across her face. I finish my coffee and sit the mug on the desk.

"So tell me, did you preserve yourself for me like those ancient cheesy novels?" She questions me. This time I allowed the smirk to make its path onto my face. She grins at me and caresses the rear of my head.

"I slept around. I had my go-to fuck, or a lucky girl that I selected that evening." I can't suppress this piece of me. I can't simply obliterate Mia. Furthermore, she can't request me to not be friends with her. She was my friend foremost, my fuck buddy afterwards.

Though that is not something for today. Currently, I must inform her that, there's a possibility we have another mate.

************************
-----------------------------

I just wanted to say that I'm editing this for you guys. Yeah...