SAUDADE

(n

(n.) a nostalgic longing to be near again to something or someone that is distant, or that has been loved and then lost;
"the love that remains"

) a nostalgic longing to be near again to something or someone that is distant, or that has been loved and then lost; "the love that remains"

IT IS PROBABLY A TRADITION TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE PROTAGONIST OF A BOOK AT ITS BEGINNING. But what is there to be said about Natasha?

Informing the readers about her personality and characteristics or deciding whether she belongs to the good or the bad would be too difficult a task. Especially since Natasha has spent her life in different places with different people, and many times her characteristics did not seem as her own.

The question "Who is Natasha?" appeared most often in her own head.

Natasha was like. . . a bird. A beautiful bird who wanted nothing more than to fly around the world. Unfortunately, beautiful things always attract someone's attention, and before this bird could fly out of the nest, someone caught it in a cage.

A cage can also be really beautiful, especially if you don't know anything else except that cage and you are grateful for everything you get in it, because you think it won't get any better if you escape it. The cage is your home, part of who you are.

Birds in cages are happy after all, why wouldn't they be? They have owners who love them, they get food and a warm home. They have no reason to complain about a life in which they get . . . everything they need . . .

. . . but no, wait . . . that is not correct . . .

The problem is that despite all the luxury, the fact remains that birds are birds, free creatures, and birds do not belong in cages. They don't have a chance to reach their true potential until the cage door opens and they fly out and disappear into the clouds.

Toni Morrison said: "If you want to fly, you have to give up the things that weigh you down."

That's certainly true, but how long can you keep flying if things that weigh you down keep appearing  and. . . you don't want to give them up?

What then, what then, what then . . .

You will die. You will not be able to fly and eventually you will give up, fall to the ground from a great height and die. It's simple. It is necessary.

And you want to fall with the things you love rather than fly without them.

— written by K. N. H.

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY

season 1: ongoing. . .

• • •

TW: The content of this book may be disturbing for some readers such as murder, torture, suicide, depression, anxiety, homophobia, racism and more. Please read at your own risk.

© | 2022
amarisxana