2

you let out a groan as you crack your eyes open the beginnings of a headache forming behind your eyes. taking a glance around you see that you're still in the void. knowing that made your heart sink and discouraged you from getting up. You lay your head back down and close your eyes in the hope that you can fall asleep again.

As the minutes pass by it becomes increasingly obvious that you weren't going to get any sleep. You sigh and roll onto your back being careful of your wings while keeping your eyes closed 'what's the point of keeping them open if all there is to see is darkness... what's the point of talking if no one is here to listen?' you thought as you let out a bitter laugh that seemed to echo across the void as if the void its self was taunting you.

You feel a single tear slide down your cheek 'was there even supposed to be anything more... it feels like it, what would more even look like?' an image of a snowy forest flashes through your mind making you open your eyes and sit up in one swift motion.

You look around but you were still in the void, not even bothering to lay back down you close your eyes trying to imagine everything about the forest; how your feet sunk into the snow, the feeling of the cold all around you, how the trees swayed lazily in the Breeze making the snow on the branches fall gently.

It was all so beautiful 'is that what this was supposed to be? is... is that what I could have had? Why, why was I put here!? WHY CAN'T I HAVE THAT!!?' the more you thought the more furious you became until a bright light came from behind you. Pulling you from your thoughts as your anger tuned into fear making you quickly scramble to your feet.

Once you got to your feet you spun around to face whatever was making that light, but what you saw was very hard to describe it was like some sort of tear in the void that was a bit bigger than you were. It looked so out of place; unlike the void, it was white and was so... bright. It seemed to radiate cold air, unlike the void that didn't seem to have any temperature at all. When you looked at the floor it seemed as if there was snow coming out of it.

You carefully approached the anomaly and bent down reaching your hand out to touch the snow, when your fingers made contact with the snow you flinch back not expecting it to be so cold. The cold from the snow mixed with the cold of... whatever that glowy thing is made your feathers puff up and your body shiver slightly. You got back up and backed away from it 'I really need to figure out what to call that'.

what do you want to do:

approach it

run from it