Chapter Five

Jessie unlocked Elena's phone and went through her contacts "who will know her current position..." she said as she scrolled and stopped at a contact saved as Elvis. "how amazing is this Elvis guy that she left her apartment like that to meet?" she asked and called the number. Elena was awake but didn't want to get up, the scene when she had the chest ache kept replaying in her mind "am I really okay?" she asked herself  "c'mon I've made breakfast" said Elvis and pulled Elena out of the bed to the dining table. As they ate, Elvis' phone rang "you're calling me" said Elvis and turned to the clueless Elena who was enjoying her meal, "how are you calling me without your pho....you left your phone at your apartment" said Elvis  "answer the call, whoever it is has my phone" said Elena and Elvis agreed. "hello am  I talking to Elvis?" asked Jessie  "em...yes, who are you?" asked Elvis  "I'm Jessie Peters and I'm guessing you know where my best friend is, Elena Pepple" Jessie said while waiting for an immediate reply. " Bestfriend?" asked Elvis as he turned to Elena "who is it?" asked Elena  "Some girl named Jessie that claims to be your bestfriend" he replied  "Jessie? give me the phone" Elena said as she took the phone from Elvis' hands. "Jessie how are you doing?" asked Elena  "Ellie?....thank goodness you're okay, now I can shout at you....what were you thinking to leave your apartment open only because a guy wanted to take you out?!" shouted Jessie  "i know you've never dated any guy which will naturally make you desperate to date one now but, girl that was too desperate..."  "can you shut up and listen, I didn't go out with any guy.....an incidence happened that led to the state of my apartment" explained Elena  "if I were a thief I'll help you fix your door because honestly speaking, nothing in your apartment is worth stealing" said Jessie and Elena nodded in agreement. "You're not off the hook yet, I still  need a perfect explanation of what happened....where are you now ?" asked Jessie  "I'm three blocks away from my apartment" replied Elena  "okay, I'll be there in a minute" said Jessie and ended the call. "Who's Jessie and why is she calling herself your best friend?" asked Elvis  "can you be jealous later, we're having a visitor soon" said Elena and went to have her bath. There was a knock on the door and Elena went to answer it "Ellie" shrieked Jessie and hugged her  "you sound like you have a lot to tell me" said Elena and hugged her back "here's your phone" said Jessie and brought out Elena's phone from her bag  "You should check your missed calls.... your brother and an unknown number has been calling" continued Jessie "thanks" replied Elena  "come in" shouted Elvis from inside the apartment  "you're staying in an apartment alone with a guy?" asked Jessie  "calm down it's not what you're thinking" said Elena as Jessie pushed Elena to get in "where's that guy....." she paused as she saw Elvis sitting on the sofa. She kept staring at him like she had seen a ghost while she turned bright red "that's right, you should be scared bestfriend snatcher" said Elvis as he got up and walked to her direction "wait.....haven't  I met you before?" asked Elvis but Jessie just stood still and stared at him. "Jess, Jess are you okay?" asked Elena  "lets go" said Jess in a hurry and dragged Elena out of the apartment, leaving Elvis confused. Jessie got into her car and breath in relief, "Jess, is everything okay?" asked Elena as she got into the car  "we have a lot to talk about" Jessie said and started the car. they talked as they drove to Elena's apartment "so you're telling me that you have a crush on....Elvis?" asked Elena  "I didn't know he was the Elvis you were talking about....wait are you guys dating? you guys look close" said Jess  "dating is not close to it, we're child hood friends" replied Elena  "did he attend the same school you did?" asked Jessie "yeah" replied Elena as the climbed up the stairs. "but I've never  met him before" said Jessie " we went to the same elementary and middle school, his parents relocated so he changed schools before we got into High school and that was when you came in" explained Elena  "I've always wondered how the girl that'll crush on Elvis will look like....and now, I'm just speechless" continued Elena as they got into her apartment  "this place is a mess" said Jessie  "they stole my toaster" said Elena "where am i going to stay now?" she continued  "you can stay at my house  "won't your dad kill you?" asked Elena  "he's off on a business trip plus we have a lot to take care of" said Jessie  "fine, okay" said Elena and both girls went downstairs to Jessie's car. it was during the evening hours and Jessie kept asking questions about the relationship between Elena and Elvis  "we're just friends Jess, nothing more" said Elena "okay" said Jessie "excuse me mistress but dinner is served" said the butler and left "you have a butler?" asked Elena "yeah, now come downstairs and have dinner" said Jessie as she left. Elena decided to check her missed calls "I'll be down soon" she shouted and called her brother  "hello Ryan" started Elena "finally, I thought you were going to ignore my calls all day" said Ryan  "I honestly wish I could but I'm not that type of person" said Elena  " I was calling to remind you about my graduation that's coming up in two weeks and I...."   "need money" said Elena interrupting him "Elvis told you?" asked Ryan  "no, I  just know you too much" replied Elena  "is that a yes?" asked Ryan  "Yeah but only because I won't be able to make it on your graduation" said Elena "why?" asked Ryan  "awwwn, do you miss me?" asked Elena  "no" replied Ryan "I've got something to take care of, that's why" said Elena "okay" said Ryan "bye...don't miss me too much" said Elena smiling   " I don't miss you" said Ryan and ended the call "what a guy" said Elena and called the unknown number . "hello, is this Elena?" asked the person  "yes it is, who am I speaking to?" asked Elena "Doctor Lance, the doctor that treated you.....I called you to break some news to you but I think you'd better sit down to hear this one. I did some concluding of your illness and found out what you're suffering from...come tomorrow for full details" said the doctor  "alright sir" replied Elena and ended the call, she was lost in so many thoughts till Jessie called out for her "I'm coming" shouted Elena and ran downstairs. After dinner, they laid on the bed to sleep "goodnight" said Jessie and put on her sleeping blind but Elena didn't sleep. what ever illness she had was going to be heard tomorrow and she was just too curious to find out.