ch.004

R O B B Y

"do your whole 'strike first' thing."

⸺JAQUELINE WAS WALKING TO the Halloween dance tonight since Marcella was taking their siblings trick or treating and she was wearing black boot heels. They were the only heels she owned. Jaqueline had a light pink dress her sister have given to her and it hugged her waist and became loose past her hips. The thin straps on the dress and much of the rest of it was covered in fake blood. She wore a small tiara with fake blood on her face as well, but she made sure to have it not cover her entire face, only a small portion.

Jaqueline had just arrived inside and the dance was already thriving. She wandered through the crowd to try and find Eli, Demetri or Miguel, but she was having no luck. As she was looking, she had been asked by two different guys to dance, but she declined them both. Jaqueline knew both of these guys and they never bat an eye at her, but she wasn't exactly recognizable since she looks very different than she normally does.

After a few minutes, Jaqueline had finally found her friends by the punch bowl. As soon as she arrived, all three of their eyes widened since even Demetri and Eli, who have known her for years, have never seen her actually look royal. "Hey guys."

"Hey. You look good." Miguel complimented. Jaqueline held her dress and did a small curtsy as a joke. "Thank you. So you guys are a necromancer, skeleton and a doctor?"

"Actually, I'm a plastic surgeon." Eli corrected. Jaqueline just nodded her head, knowing why he had picked that costume, but she didn't want to bring it up and make him feel worse than he probably already did. Jaqueline moved behind the counter to stand next to her friends and she brought up a subject that was very unlikely for the three of her friends. "So, have you guys asked anyone to dance?"

"No, but maybe the Dragon Queens." Miguel answered as he pointed at a group of three girls. Jaqueline shrugged her shoulders. "You should, they're cute. Do your whole 'strike first' thing."

"Well, have you asked anyone to dance?" Demetri challenged since he knew that they would be way too nervous actually ask the girls out, so he was hoping that Jaqueline's confidence had disappeared for a little. "No, I didn't. But two guys did ask me to dance and I've been here for about three minutes."

Just on queue, some guy dressed as a hockey player came up to the group and held out his hand for Jaqueline to take. "Hey, wanna dance?"

Wanting to be annoying, Jaqueline raised her voice an octave and twirled her hair. "That would be totally cool!"

"Really?"

"Oh my god, no. Get the fuck away from me before I used my telekinetic powers to break your fingers." Jaqueline's voice was still high just to taunt him. The hockey player walked off to go find another girl and Jaqueline turned back to her friends, bring up something she had said before. "Make that three guys."

Feeling jealous of what he just saw, Eli wanted to get out of this situation. He was too nervous to ask Jaqueline to dance or anything similar to that, but he hated seeing other guys doing so. "I have to go to the bathroom."

"Yeah, me too. That punch is going right through me." Demetri responded. The three boys knew that Jaqueline would find someone to torture or something to do.

When the three boys were gone, Jaqueline had almost immediately gotten a mass text from Yasmine. When she saw the name, she rolled her eyes, but opened it anyway, curious to see who she was tormenting this time. When she opened it, she saw a video of a girl she's seen around school with a pig filter on and the words 'the buffet table is under attack' next to her. Jaqueline looked over at the girl, who looked extremely embarrassed. She felt really bad for her, so Jaqueline walked over.