10

Abohaty's P.O.V

"You're calling off for the weekend?" Dusk Shine asked watching from my bed as I entered the room.

"Yup!" I answered full of joy.

"Are you crazy?! "You should be here practicing with me!" I gave him a look in disbelief.

"Dude, come on, it's one weekend! Plus, I thought we were finished after I kicked your butt last time." Dusk Shine was quiet for a moment. Then he stared deep into my blue eyes.

"Forget it." I raised an eyebrow. "Do whatever you want this weekend. You do need a small break princess."

"Um...thank you?" Dusk Shine hopped off of the bed, landing on his four hooves, and then started walking towards the door. "Uh, where are you going?"

"None of your concerns Abohaty." He walked out of my bedroom and made sure to shut the door behind him. Abohaty looked back in slight confusion but didn't think much of it. It was getting a bit late and tomorrow was the day I got to leave the castle once and for all. Grammar was known for constantly throwing parties, and usually, I'm able to attend them because he's Glitz's little brother. But typically it's not that many ponies who attend. It's just Glitz, Grammar, and Gabe. I heard from Glitz the other day, that it's gonna be a bigger party. So I'm very likely to see some of my friends there too.

I looked at the time. It was getting pretty late, so I decided to place myself under the blankets.

*      *      *

The next morning came immediately. It was bright outside, I could see the sun rising from the large window beside my bed. When my eyes lit open, the sun shun before me.

Today.

Today was Glitz's house party and I was so excited to get a break in for once after nonstop training. The time it started was at six pm, but I planned to leave earlier so I could hang out a bit with my friends beforehand. This is my one day off, so I have made use of it. I can catch the train to Canterlot with Celia and Bella! Maybe not Bella but, Celia would be okay with it! Bella just wasn't into parties at all unless it was formal, so she'd usually stay home.

*      *      *

"No." My mouth opens wide. Celia sighed. "Listen Abohaty, I know we don't see each other much, and I'll make it up to you too. But I really can't make it to this party." By looking at her facial expressions, I could tell she was a little nervous. Usually, Celia is pretty free.

"Why can't you go...?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Well I mean, I uh..have some errands to run." Something told me she wasn't telling the full truth. Nothing was adding up, because what work did Celia possibly have to do on a Saturday?

"Oh...okay I just thought it'd be nice to attend the party together and catch up with all of our friends. Because I know after this, I'm gonna be a lot busier than usual, since something came up. So I was hoping to at least see all of my friends one last time. I was gonna ask Bella too, but you know she hates parties." Celia nodded. It almost looked like she wanted her to leave.

"Gee, I hope everything's alright. But still, I can't go. Won't be able to make it in time. But uh...do you know if Kelsey will be there...?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"Uh...yeah? What kind of question is that? Kelsey loves parties. And you know...I'm sure she'd be upset you didn't come!!" Celia frowned. I noticed this instantly and stepped forward. "Are you sure you're okay? Did something happen between you guys?"

"Abohaty, I have to go." She began shutting the door and I put her hoof up to hold it.

"Wait, Celia!"