11

No One's P.O.V

After most ponies left, the rest of our group except Bookworm stayed to spend the night. There was room for everypony to sleep somewhere, so they all made space for one another.

"I haven't been to a party like this in a minute! It was an amazing distraction," Kelsey commented, stretching her hooves out on the floor. Grammar rolled over to her side.

"Yeah! We have to do this again sometime!" Glitz and I both made eye contact knowing that there was a very low chance of that happening anytime soon.

"I'm just glad some ponies came!" Glitz spoke. "Though I find it funny how the ponies who I didn't expect to show up, show up and the ponies who usually show up, don't show." Written Script let out a yawn.

"Can we please turn off the lights? You guys partied all night and you still aren't tired?" Everypony in the room laughed.

"Well, she's got a point and I think it's time to start separating ourselves now," Gabe said as he arose from Glitz's bed.

"You mares can share me and Grammar's room. We'll sleep downstairs," Glitz said. Grammar stood up in a flash.

"Hey! I did not agree to that." Glitz rolled his eyes and began to exit the room.

"Goodnight!" he called out. Once Glitz was out of sight, Grammar finally managed to drag himself after him. Gabe was last to leave the room after kissing Written Script on the cheek. Once everypony left, it was just the mares in the bedroom. Written Script already found a chair to claim and slept there. Kelsey and Abohaty had placed themselves on the bed and made themselves comfortable.

"So what was that all about with Twilight?" Kelsey asked out of the blue. Abohaty sighed heavily laying flat on her back on the bed.

"Just princess duties."

"Seemed more important than that. Will everything be okay?"

"Yeah, we got this under control, trust me." Kelsey didn't say anything in return, so Abohaty figured that she didn't quite believe her words. To change the tension in the room, Abohaty decided to change the topic to something else.

"So...um, what happened after the gala?" she asked. Kelsey tilted her head a little to face the princess.

"What do you mean?" Kelsey seemed genuinely confused so Abohaty narrowed her question down.

"You left early, what happened?" Kelsey let out a small giggle. But it wasn't one of her fun giggles, it sounded more uncomfortable.

"We just had a party at my place because the gala was getting boring," she explained.

"Who's we?"

"Grammar, and um, Celia." Kelsey went back to facing the ceiling and took long deep breaths. Abohaty noticed how she speaking in a serious tone. On top of that, she wasn't even calling Celia "Cece" anymore. Her thoughts stopped when Kelsey continued. "Glitz was supposed to come but he changed his mind. Everything was still fine though. At least that's what I thought, but Celia wasn't really enjoying herself. Not even when we got to the gala. She seemed out of it. I invited her to hang out with me and Grammar at the gala and she denied it. Then afterward, I invited her to my house with me and Grammar. But this time, she decided to come along. Even so, she still was acting so gauche which was unlike her." Kelsey took a break from speaking to take deep breaths again. Abohaty didn't say anything in response because she wanted to give her a chance to let everything out. "So I let Grammar go home so I could talk to her. And she said she was fine and we started talking about other unrelated stuff. And it was like a new pony was side by side with me because literally after Grammar went home, she was better."

"Maybe she's just a little awkward because she's not used to speaking with Grammar."

"Abohaty, you're like never here, and trust me, she was okay with Grammar before. We've hung out together so many times. So I asked her if she had anything against him and she told me no and then just-" Kelsey paused, realizing she was talking too loud and angrily. She quieted down and continued. "I'm so stupid." Abohaty raised a brow. "I'm getting mad because she caught feelings for me. That's not her fault." Abohaty sat up in an instant.

"Wait what?"

"She probably didn't want you to know that, but I can't hold it in anymore. I'm upset, not at her of course. It's just that she's one of my greatest friends and I'm unsure how to tell her that our relationship won't work. I don't have any feelings for Celia other than a friend. And I haven't spoken to her since that night because when I didn't say anything in return she ran out on me." Kelsey wiped a tear away with her hoof. "Maybe I was kind of wrong for not saying anything back, but I didn't know what to say. I was in so much shock Abohaty." Abohaty used her magic to levitate a box of tissues to the bed. Kelsey took one to wipe her eyes. She sat up in gloom. "I'm sorry, I'm just not sure what to do. And I'm scared that our friendship won't be the same."

"Hey, all of this will be over soon," Abohaty said quietly. "I think that the best solution you have is to comfort her face to face. It will only get worse if you both continue to avoid one another. Miscommunications and overthinking start to happen. And that's the last thing you want in a situation like this. You just...you can't avoid each other."

"I don't think I'll be bold enough to do that." Kelsey turned over, with her back facing Abohaty's, and pulled the blankets over her body. Abohaty sighed and put the tissues back with her magic. Little did Kelsey know, they'd have to face each other soon regardless.