Chapter 17

Ch 17

Kidnapped but it wasn't a white van...

---

*One year ago*

"So, where do you want to go? I'm personally craving instant noodles and ice cream. Not the creamy type -- a sorbet," I said absentmindedly as I reversed the car.

"Ice cream. I need ice cream," Percy nodded. He was sitting in the passenger seat and scrolling through his phone.

"Baskin-Robbins it is," I "agreed".

It was late at night, around 11 o'clock (not that late but an unexpected time to go out for ice cream -- it wasn't even 1am yet... :D) as we drove, blasting Kesha in the car.

Abruptly, we saw a van parked in the middle of the street.

"What the hell..." Percy whispered, his eyebrows furrowed.

"I know, right? We wanted ice cream, not a van," I squinted.

"Hey, at least it isn't white," he looked at me jokingly.

I snorted.

Percy unbuckled his seatbelt and opened his door, "I... I'll go check the situation."

The door slammed in my face as I yelled, "PERCY WAIT DON-"

I scrambled to grab some small defence equipment as I saw Percy talking to the driver.

Just because the van is hot pink doesn't mean it isn't dangerous.

I quickly opened my door and ran toward him except... he wasn't there.

My heartbeat shot to 300 BPM as I attempted to give myself whiplash in the process of looking for him.

And before you know it, a head sack was tossed over my head and I was out for good.

---

It wasn't long before I woke up again. Everything was spinning as I clutched my head. I brought my hand closer to my eyes as I felt the texture of dried blood between my fingertips.

God, what did I do to deserve this?

And that was when it hit me, Percy.

I got up to my feet immediately, my hands flying to the cold cell bars to hold my balance. I groaned and began to think. I quickly checked under my vest to see if some of the tools I got were still on me.

My IQ is going up day by day.

I grabbed a small hairpin, carefully putting my arm out and inserting it into the lock. After around 30 seconds of twisting and turning, the cell door opened. Outside the cell was a wooden door. I made my way across the floor, dim and almost light blue spotlights lighting my way.

I stood against the door, my ear pressed against it as I listened for sounds. Footsteps approached my door and I slid to the left, my back against the wall.

I needed to kil- knock them out. Payback.

I grabbed one of my lovely daggers and brought it to my side, holding it tight within my fingers. About three seconds later the door swung open and in stepped a man slightly taller than me.

BONK.

I smacked him with the hilt of my dagger. The man crumpled on the ground.

Phew. Okay. One down... I just need to find Percy and get out of here.

Before I left the room, I searched the man for any weapons and found a gun. Guns seemed slightly more handy in this situation. I wasn't to kill anyone- big no. I was just going to knock them out.

I continued with the same thing -- rolled around, kept quiet and sneaked up on them. My breath fell short and cold sweat dripped down my neck. I couldn't get caught and I need to get to Percy. I tried multiple rooms until I came across the right one.

I opened it and found Percy cradled on the ground. I unlocked the cell and helped him up. Cuts and bruises were painted across his face and knuckles. My face dropped and worry washed over me.

I needed to get him out of here.

Percy was awake but he looked wasted.

"Ro, thank god..." he whispered.

"Hey, I got you. Don't worry. Just hang on tight and we'll be out in no time," I said.

I put his arm around my neck and jogged out of the room, his legs dragging along.

Alright, I think I may vaguely know where the exit is.

But I didn't know that someone was going to stab me.

"HEY!" said a heavy voice.

A sharp pain shot up my thigh. I looked down to see a dagger impaled in my thigh. Scarlet flooded my jeans as I took it out, wincing in pain. I looked back at the person and blinked to get a clearer view. They looked familiar. The female halted as my fingers curled over the dagger and liquid dripping off it. I swung it in an arc but she was fast. She ducked in the last second and crouched, motionless.

The alarm began to blare as small bombs went off. I looked away for a second and then looked back. She was gone.

Wasn't she going to kill me?

I shrugged the question off and limped. Only a couple more meters left... come on.

I cringed as I felt the pain and hot blood oozing down my pants. I held onto Percy for dear life and heaved my way out the door and a good 50 meters away from the building. And that was when I decided to throw him off me and collapse myself.

The place exploded in a series of orange and yellow. I put Percy's head on my lap and cradled it, rocking back and forth. Water fell on his face as I realised that I was crying.

"Are you okay?" I blurted.

"Good to s-see you're not dead," he croaked and attempted to smile.

That made me cry and hug him harder...

*End of flashback*

---

"I just wanted to slowly hurt you, you know? But my patience is running thin. That's why I had to stage a little something and Alia, she threw pretty well," Percy said, looking bored.

I felt like I was going to have an asthma attack. The memories and number of nightmares I had after that incident came flooding back.

BANG. (Left off from the previous chapter)

The fight had begun. Weapons clashed against one another as I effortlessly swung my knives around, careful to injure them severely instead of kill. My back was against Jace's as we fought. Blood, sweat, tears and screams filled the cavern.

Small cuts decorated my arms as I swerved and slashed.

"YOU BITCH!" a voice screamed from above.

The fighting temporarily stopped as all eyes went to Percy. He held his arm and Alia... held a dagger. She sliced and Percy dodged, grabbing her and dragging her out by the hair. Alia had a wound herself, a nasty one near her shoulder.

She gritted her teeth, her hand trying to stop the bleeding, and spoke clearly, "You won't get her. Not this time."

Alia looked back at me with a sad smile and nodded.

You won't get her either. Not this time.

A crooked grin spread across my face as I looked at Jace. He looked reluctant at first but understood quickly and nodded.

He looked good...

But uh back to the situation at hand:

Here we go.

---

Seventeenth chapter down.

Any inputs?