Chapter 7

Ch 7

I'm dancing in the mirror and singing in the shower...

---

"Guf... aigoo, my backk..." I moaned.

Whoever came up with the idea of sparring with Ace -- I am gonna send you to the moon.

Sparring with Ace was horrible.

You know what was better?

Sparring with Percy. (I can beat him that way). I kind of missed him...

My whole body ached as I rolled over. We had been at this for 40 minutes and I was suffering... a lot. This should be illegal.

"Get up Rowan," Ace said, fighting the urge to actually beat me up and also laugh his ass off.

"Ras-raspberry sorbet," I whispered.

Jackson was heard cackling in the background.

"I can't- this is- what," I gasped.

"Listen, Rowan. You have the basics down. Executions of the moves are not that bad either. What you lack are attention and proper balance. If you want to go defence, go defence. If you want to go offence, go offence. But the key here is to escape and hopefully wound your opponent to pass that one-on-one combat and move forward. Heck, a mix of offence and defence would be the best. Shits gonna go south if you continue to do- well... whatever you're doing," Ace said.

"Sir-r, yes, Ace sir," I said, getting up again.

Can I trust YouTube?

I got into position as Ace's eyes focused on me.

He's gonna pull it first.

Ace's fist came at me with propelling speed. No joke -- I almost shit myself... again.

Duck.

I took a deep breath as I went under his arm.

Elbow.

Ace staggered forward as I turned to face him.

Now or never.

I bolted across the room and wrapped my legs around his neck, barely giving him time to react.

Black Widow's octopus hold (I think?). I wanted to learn it so badly and well YouTube was my go-to place. Percy was supposed to be my lab rat for this but oh well -- Ace was going to have to do.

My back bent and my legs switched positions rapidly as I rotated my body, using my momentum to throw him off.

It felt good.

BAM.

Ace was on the ground.

I can trust YouTube.

I stood over the fallen pretty boy as he looked up at me smiling.

"That... was... so... hot," Jackson spat, looking at me wide-eyed.

I threw my head back as I laughed at the poor guy's expression and reaction.

"Not bad," Ace exhaled as I gave him a hand.

"Give me a R-W-O-N... GOOO ROWAN!" Jackson yelled.

He was definitely not okay and he butchered my poor name. 

Jackson entered the ring and gave me a pat on the back.

"I think I've fallen in love," he said dreamily.

"Uh-huh. I feel so honoured right now. My name and love... awesome," I said, scrunching my face up.

This one's precious.

Beads of sweat fell down my forehead.

I am so tired.

"Where'd you learn that?" Ace asked as he tossed me a water bottle.

"YouTube," I blurted.

He quirked an eyebrow and smiled, showing off his beautiful white teeth.

"That's a first. Black widow, right...?" Ace replied.

My eyes widened in surprise, "How did you-"

"Big Marvel fan," Jackson said, looking at Ace with a smirk. 

I nodded, understandingly.

"You're free to go for the day," Ace said.

"Let's go!" I yelled, pumping my fist in the air.

I didn't even hesitate to leave. My speedy exit out of the gym was followed by a series of laughs.

Shower. I seriously needed a shower.

-

I was lost.

This mansion was huge. I mean, considering the number of people who "stay" here, I wouldn't have expected any less.

I climbed and crossed floors, finally arriving at quite a large door (larger than the others). Curiosity got the best of me as I noticed the door was slightly ajar.

Hmmm... let's see.

I opened the room and my jaw dropped.

Did I just get a free upgrade?

The room was breathtaking. Like Marriott breathtaking. A king-sized bed stood in the room, accompanied by fluffy white pillows and black overalls. Satin curtains were pulled apart as sunlight streamed through the French windows. This room was an understatement.

My old clothes were scattered in a corner.

My dreams have come true.

I shrugged off my wet shirt and pants as I made my way to the bathroom.

I hummed Becky G's Shower as I swung the door open.

I'm dancing in the mirro-

I screamed. Really loudly.

There stood Jace, in nothing but a towel. His hair was slicked back and water was dripping down his hard, toned chest.

"I'm sorry! I thought this was my- I'm gonna go," I said so quickly, Eminem would've been proud of me.

I slapped my hands over my eyes and spun around to make my way back out the door. Except, the door didn't quite welcome me -- the bathroom wall did.

I stumbled backwards, groaning and holding my forehead.

God, my head-

I slipped.

I slipped and landed on Jace.

---

Seventh chapter down.

Wonder what's gonna happen next... stay tuned.