16.0: Destruction

We're back to the present time (at the dodo island, with the Big Swirl cadets and bad wings and Speedy and Bea. This is one week later (the chapters from Hummingbird Peak were from one week before the mission so... it's confusing)
***

Penny

"I actually, surprisingly, do have an idea." Speedy said.
~~~

I looked up, beak agape. How could he possibly know something about my visions? Now all eyes were on me, and all I could say was:

"Really?"

And he knelt down, replying with a question. "You said that your visions were about you and a sibling, right?"

"Yes."

"Have you seen something familiar within them?"

"You mean besides something bad happening to them?"

Speedy nodded.

I took a breath. "It's always, like... it's trying to tell me that I've failed them somehow. In all the visions, it's always me who's doing something to my sibling. I'm always trying to save them, but I end up doing the wrong thing every time."

"I see." He said. "From the way you say 'all the visions,' it sounds like you're saying you had a lot of them."

I shook my head. "No, it only happened three times." (Author's note: I know this didn't actually happen before but pretend it did) "So anyway, what did you say you knew about the visions?"

"Ah, yes." He stood up, his robe swishing. "I heard that one of the cadets from the other island had a similar experience. He was responsible for the loss of one of his younger siblings. It was a few years ago, and he's been having a hard time coming to terms with it.

"I don't know if he experienced aything like you did, but I can't help noticing the similarity." He finished.

Swift, who was standing to my left, spoke. "So, do you think they could be connected?"

"I don't know, what do you think?"

"It's a possibility." Della said.

"So what do we do?" Swift asked.

"We wait to hear from the other cadets," Speedy said, bringing us back to reality. "And after the mission, we can talk about it." Right. We're still stuck on this island and the cursed dodo birds could be closing in. Almost forgot about that.

"I need to clear my head," I said, and then I ran off.
~~~

It was easy to get away on this island, because as soon as I was out of the picnic spot, the surroundings looked like a whole new place. The grass was tall and bright and so was the sun, and a giant flower grew at the end of the path ahead of me, bending down. I walked towards it, wondering if it was one of my visions again. But it couldn't be. I walked closer and stood under it.

Not soon after, Swift followed after me. He was panting, and he was running instead of flying, and he was tired as if he had run a long distance, even though it really wasn't. Bea was following after her in her black dress.

"Penny, you can't run off like that." Swift looked up at the flower in front of me, taking in its size. Then, he turned to me. "You aren't sneezing," he noted.

I sighed. "Should we return back, then?" I asked, ignoring the last part.

"Yes," Swift said at the same time Bea said, "No."

"What?" Swift turned to her.

"We can stay for a bit. There aren't any... dangeroud things around here." By that, I knew she meant the dodo birds. So we stayed and chattered about the illusions. We started off talking about my own visions, but that soon turned into a conversation about random things - like how Betty was bitten by Chomps, and how the island was so strange (which was true: the sun was shining super hot and there were no trees above us), and Bea told us how she and Speedy arranged the mission with the other Top Wing team. I was suddenly feeling better not talking about what I was most worried about (even if I knew the visions were not real) and soon I felt ready for the mission.

"When are we completing the last task?" I asked, now feeling chill about entering the dangerous dodo caves.

"When the other cadets come. Why?" Bea asked.