Prologue

Arielle Burnes waited patiently for her name to be called. Rows and rows of people could be seen sitting expectantly, waiting to see their friends or family members walk across the stage. She had waited for this moment for years. Hours of prayer, studying, and saying no to many distractions led her up to this point.

Arielle's best friend, Julia, could be heard squealing in excitement as her boyfriend, Ben, crossed the stage.

"Go, Ben!" Julia yelled, cupping her hand around her mouth and waving madly. Her eyes shone with glee as she watched him bounce down the stageside steps with his diploma in hand.

Ben threw his hands up and blew a kiss to her as he grabbed his diploma and came back around to the two ladies, claiming his seat once more. His tight blond curls peeked out from under his blue graduation cap almost perfectly matching his golden eyes. Arielle smiled at him politely, excited that he too completed his studies with very few hiccups.

Ben Stewart had quickly become friends with Arielle and Julia in their freshman year, and it blossomed into something more for Julia. Arielle could easily remember the day as if it had taken place that morning.

Arielle and Julia had been walking along the campus, trying to figure out where the college's math hall was located. Julia jammed her finger against the college map, squinting at it in confusion.

"It says it should be right here," her voice was laced with discouragement.

"Hm," Arielle thought. "Here let me-"

"Wait! I think it's this way!" Julia yelled with newfound determination, but her swift turning became a swift falling when she ran head-on into a taller student. The young man, stumbled backward dropping his books in the process. Arielle cringed at the sight and rushed to Julia's aid.

"Ow, ow, ow," Julia groaned.

"You'll be alright," Alright spoke soothingly as she helped her friend back up. The young man reached his arm out apologetically, but the two women were already back on their feet.

"I'm sorry, miss. I didn't see you there," He spoke with concern.

"It's Julia and it's okay," she replied with a quick smile.

"I'm Ben," he spoke aloud, putting out his hand to be shaken. Julia stared at it for a moment and then at him.

"Julia," she replied, placing her hand in his momentarily to give a business-like greeting. Arielle swiftly bent down as the two conversed to grab the map that was sloppy and crinkled now on the plush green lawn.

"Jules, the math hall is on the other side of campus," Arielle called out to her. The small conversation between Julia and Ben came to a halt as she swiveled around with shock.

"You're joking,"

"If only," Arielle laughed. "Let's go."

Julia glanced back at Ben and waved. "It was nice to meet you, Ben! We plan to form a small study group and meet on the third floor of the library! You're free to join!" She called back to him.

"When?" He called back as they were already a few feet away.

"Every Wednesday at 4 o'clock! Be there or be square," she laughed.

Arielle shook her head. She didn't think anything of it. At least not then, but as Ben began to meet them faithfully every Wednesday, she realized the budding relationship between the two. She had pulled Julia aside to talk about it, but Julia insisted that she prayed and that they agreed to no kissing until the altar.