Epilogue

Arielle had listened to Alexander. Although she had the letters written and ready to be sent to Jeremy, Claire, and Lorenzo, she waited. She realized that anticipation caused days to feel like weeks, and weeks to feel like years. Especially with the expanse of changes that came one after another. All too quickly to absorb them all, but thankfully she was able to absorb the truth of her coming union with Alexander.

She believed that one day she would be able to send those letters when it was the right time but now was not that time. She didn't know when that would be, but she would put this chapter behind her. There was no use in thinking about it too much.

She was still amazed at the various transitions that happened one after another. Alexander moved from his estate, leaving the large home empty with tales of a life lived before. Greta and Richard moved to a different state to be closer to their children and their grandchildren. Arielle smiled at the memory of them waving goodbye as Richard drove them off into the sunset. It was as if they were newlyweds all over again.

Arielle sighed.

"Love is beautiful," she thought.

Yet that wasn't the last surprise that took place. Vincent and Meghan broke the news that they too were engaged. Arielle was shocked to say the least, mainly due to not seeing them in many weeks, or so it felt. It was like returning to a favorite sitcom seasons later and seeing the main characters married and settled down. Yet she wondered if time slowed down for them as it seemed to for Alexander and herself.

Flashbacks of Meghan smiling with happiness that Arielle hadn't witnessed in her eyes before then. Before, there was anger, at times jealousy, and at other times indifference. That was until she met Vincent. The two were head over heels for each other from what Arielle could see.

And Alexander did continue his discipleship courses, even sharing his faith with Vincent. She remembers the night Alexander came over for dinner with her and her mom. He was so excited that he shared the gospel with his cousin thoroughly and he wasn't discouraged by Vincent's nonchalant response. Instead, he asked Arielle and her mother, Angelina, to pray with him for Vincent.

Seeing the light in him was inspiring to say the least. Even Julia began to take her faith more seriously. Both Arielle and Julia would meet regularly to pray together during the week. She looked out the window, up at the sky, and sighed with contentment.

"I don't have to look up to find You. You're beside me." She smiled and looked back down at her hands. "Thank you, Lord, for what you've done for Alexander, for Julia, for my mom, for... Lorenzo." She whispered.

As she looked down at her fingers, from the corner of her eye, the colors of a beautifully arranged bouquet pulled at her gaze. With her smile never leaving her face, Arielle reached for the small bouquet and held it gingerly within her grasp, carefully inspecting each flower that seemed to hold a story of its own. From their start in the ground, hidden from the sunlight, away from the curious gazes of people like her. Yet soon being hit with a refreshing flow of water, bringing it to life, only for each one to stretch toward the sky. Declaring the glory of the One who made them.

"You make beautiful things, God." She spoke quietly. She placed the bouquet back down on the large church table. Time was ticking, but not too fast, yet again. Despite knowing what that day meant for her.

Arielle turned her head to the side, capturing sight of the large floor-length mirror. It caught the beauty of the sun rays as they flowed in streams through the window, decorating the floor, her skin, and the wall on the other side of her.

Arielle smoothed her dress down, fully turning to ensure that the fabric didn't bunch up in any area. The floor-length gown seemed to glisten with how bright it was. Bright, white, and gifted by her mother. The flowy sleeves gently moved back and forth as the wind of the ceiling fan pushed and pulled at them. In a way, this moment didn't feel real to Arielle. It felt like a dream.