Chapter 13

Soori's Pov

Soori slowly opened her eyes, the bright sun hit her face as the handmaid pushed open the curtains before pulling out a bell and ringing it to wake her fully to get prepared for the day.

Even though Soori liked her new handmaid she didn't compare to her nanny whom she did not even get to say a goodbye to for the most of it. Now she was all the way in South Korea instead of China. Not like she didn't want to be there but she was quite far away from her.

Soori quickly snapped out of her thoughts as the bell rung louder due to the handmaid's patience, she got out of her bed and then sat in front of the mirror. The handmaid clapped her hands as the maid's came rushing in the room tidying the room. One making the bed the other dusting the room.

After she had finished Soori's hair she got out a dress from the closet and a corset.

" I don't really want a corset they hurt very much," Soori said just thinking about the pain made her clutch her waist.

" Do not be funny with me, your the Princess of China not a useless thug on the streets!" She yelled, pulling Soori's chin up to make eye contact with her sharp eyes. She took the corset from the maid's hand and put it on the hopeless princess as a wince escaped her mouth before getting the golden dress and fitting it on her with the other maids' help.

She had never seen this side of her before.

"This outfit defines your features very well, it's a good thing we used a corset." The handmaid said raising her eyebrows before patting her hands together and leaving, the other maids' closely following behind.

Soori's Pov

A small tear escaped my eye as all three of the maids' left the room. I missed my nanny. I missed my assistant. I missed my father and mother even after everything they've done it's quite easy to forgive and miss them after being away from them that long.

I wiped my tear stained face as I heard a knock on the door. I stood up from my seat wiping my dress and twisting the door knob as I opened the door. There stood the letter carrier with a letter.

"Post has arrived, your highness." He said bowing.

"From?"

"That information is not for me to say, your highne-." Before he could finish his sentence I snatched the letter off the pillow it lay on and shut the door behind myself and sat on the chair in front of the dresser.

Ever since I was a child I always got excited whenever mail arrived and I still am.

I opened the envelope and took out the letter inside, my eyes first landing on the stamp in the top right corner, I wiped my eyes to see if it was real or if it was a dream. Yes she may not be dead but she played a major role in my life.

I slowly traced my fingers against the words while slowly reading the letter...

(I am sorry for it looking so fake)

My tears started falling out of my eyes I started laughing as well. I didn't know my emotions at the moment but I for sure was happy she took the time out of her schedule to write to me as well as knowing she is doing well.