Chapter 24

My eyes fluttered open to the persistent sound of knocking on the door. The world around me felt hazy, the remnants of a disrupted sleep lingering. Determination gripped me as I rose, compelled to investigate the unwelcome intrusion. Jungwon, still and wounded, remained undisturbed by my attempts to rouse him.

Moving towards the door, cleverly disguised as a shelf, a half-hearted jest escaped my lips, "Must be the King and Queen!" Weariness clung to my drooping eyes as I unlatched the myriad locks, anticipating a welcoming sight.

However, instead of the expected guests, a sudden cloth covered my mouth, draining my energy rapidly. My attempts to resist were met with futility as my legs dangled off the ground, carried like a child with a teddy bear. Despite my diminishing strength, I persisted, kicking my legs until unconsciousness enveloped me, and I was unceremoniously dropped onto the floor.

____

My awakening was a symphony of pain, as if my head had weathered a barrage of blows. Attempting to clench my throbbing skull, a sudden realization stayed my hand. My gaze wandered, confirming that my hands were bound, stained with an unsettling mix of blood. The dim yellow light, the only illumination, revealed a room that seemed to have witnessed a rainstorm of blood.

Thankfully, my mouth remained free, and I unleashed a scream that echoed through the confined space, knowing it could only reach the ears of those who orchestrated my kidnapping.

A figure, shrouded in black, entered the room, eyes the only discernible feature. As he approached, my futile attempts to kick him revealed my legs were tightly bound. A swift slap silenced me, the malicious chuckle reverberating as a knife traced my face, leaving an indelible mark.

The blade dropped, hands exploring my body with a sinister intent. A cloth stifled my screams, a belt secured over it for "extra safety." His sadistic laughter accompanied the twist of the knife in my thighs. Muffled screams and tears accompanied the macabre dance of violence. With a chilling parting remark, he left, locking the door behind him.

Jungwon's Pov

I'd been awake, tending to the room, when I approached Soori. My attempts to wake her revealed an illusion - she was pillows, not a person. Panic surged as I noticed the open door, all locks undone. Niki was there, but Soori was gone.

"It's fine; he'll be okay," I reassured, sprinting towards the door.

"Go to him. Soori is gone!" I shouted to my parents, breathless, the urgency etched on my face.

However, a notification interrupted my frantic movements, its urgency demanding attention. It wasn't a typical message; it was a chilling ransom demand of 1,000,000. Clicking the ominous button, the screen unveiled a nightmare: Soori, bound and surrounded by blood. The man entered, cruelly grabbing her hair as her muffled screams pierced the air. The screen plunged into darkness, unresponsive to frantic taps.

In anger, I hurled my phone off the banister, rushing into the underground room. A glance at the ATM, 100,000 withdrawn, a briefcase filled with 900,000 - the ransom money gathered. The car, always ready for swift departure, awaited my desperate journey.

__

Soori's Pov

My gaze focused on the tightening rope around my neck, the dull throb of pain accompanied by the sensation of blood on my dry lips. Elevated on a stool, my surroundings hinted at a gruesome history, the room seemingly soaked in a past rain of blood.

Black-clad figures entered, guns aimed at me, intensifying my confusion - hanging or shooting? A stick in my mouth, fabric securing it, and the removal of the stool initiated a desperate struggle. Kicking my legs, hands gripping the tightening rope, I gasped for breath. As my vision faded, it was not only the impending darkness but also the uncertainty of my fate that enveloped me.

_______

Edited: 01/03/24
Word count: 649

*

Vote and comment
Made by JumpyGirl5