Chapter 2: A different kind of fan meet

Chanyeol's POV

(A/N: Chanyeol knows a bit of Japanese, so assume he is conversing in Japanese when he is in Japan)

You watch the girl you saved go on her way. You can't help but wonder, "Is she really ok?"

Before you realize, your feet are already moving to chase after her, "Wait!" She doesn't respond, and instead, her footsteps quicken.

"Hey, wait!" You say again once you've caught up to her. Placing a hand on her shoulder, you turn her around.

Although you can't see her face as she keeps her head down, you can tell she is crying again, "Are you ok?" You carefully whisper again as if afraid your regular voice would scare or hurt her.

She simply nods keeping her head down.

Even though she says she is fine, you can see tears continue to fall down her face. Seeing her like this, something inside you wants to give her a hug. But knowing that would be weird, you hold back the urge and instead, invite her to sit on a bench, "I will be right back."

You find the closest vending machine to buy drinks. Not knowing what she might like, you pick a coffee and a tea.

When you return to the bench, "Here, do you want coffee or tea? I wasn't sure what you might like so I got one of each."

Without looking up, she picks the tea and weakly says, "Thank you."

You take a sip of your coffee as you are thirsty from all the running and rescuing this morning. After chugging down your drink you realize the girl has not moved or said anything, you say trying to start a conversation, "Do you not like the drink? I can go get you another one?"

She continues to look down at her feet without saying anything. "This is so awkward" you think to yourself, "Is she still frightened from before? Does she think I'm a weird guy like that drunk guy?" You thoughts starting to get carried away.

Not being able to stand the awkwardness you continue, "Umm...don't worry I am not a creep like that drunk guy. My name is Park Chanyeol."

"I know" you hear her whisper.

"You know?" you respond, surprised that she finally spoke up, and also surprised at her answer.

"Yes, you are EXO's Chanyeol." she continues to whisper while looking at her feet.

"If you know who I am, then why are you still so guarded against me?" You wonder out loud. "Wait, do you hate EXO? Are you a fan of Big Bang or BTS or another rival group?"

This seemed to have caught her attention, she finally looks up towards you and declares, "No way! I am an EXO-L! There is no one else I like!" 

*Thump* your heart suddenly skips a beat at her cute defensive response. You brush off the feeling thinking that it's just because you met such a supportive fan. However, you are still curious, "Who is your favourite in EXO?"

Her expression suddenly turns shy again as she confesses, "You..."

Satisfied with her response, you make a mental note to brag to the other members that a random girl you met in Japan is your fan.

Then, another thought crosses your mind, " Wait, if you already knew I wasn't some scary stranger, why were you so scared and ran away from me?"

There was a pause, as if she was contemplating whether to say the truth, "Umm...I was embarrassed..."

You just look at her confused, prompting her to continue. 

"When I realized that you were the one who saved me and saw me in such a state, I was embarrassed. How can I meet my bias for the first time in a situation like this?" She explains while hiding her face behind her hands.

You can't help but laugh at how cute she is when she is embarrassed. She looks up surprised at your reaction, so you explain, "Isn't this exactly how some people imagine they meet their bias? As a knight in shining armour saving them?" 

She giggles, "Did you just call yourself a knight in shining armour? Who says that about themselves?" The sound of her laugh somehow warms your heart and you suddenly feel an obligation to continue to cheer her up, and an idea comes to mind. "You free today? You want to come chill with my friend and I? We can go do whatever you want."

"Umm..yea...I am already really late for class, so there is no point in going anymore. But are you sure it's ok?" she responds, "I don't want to bother you anymore than I already have." 

"Yay! Let's go" You get up and lead the way.

"By the way, what is your name?" You ask realizing you never asked her for her name.

"Y/N"

"It is very nice to meet you, my fan Y/N" You shake her hand as if it was at a fan meeting.