Chapter 12: Cannot concentrate

Chanyeol's POV

It's been two weeks since the welcome party and EXO has been busy practicing in the dance studio and preparing for your comeback that you have not had much time to think about what happened that night or see Y/N until today...

Today, EXO will be doing the photoshoot for a magazine spread and you know Y/N will be there along with a few other SM makeup artists to help out for the day. You were hoping to continue the conversation with Y/N today as she left that night in such a hurry.

"Good morning team!" Suho greets the staff as you arrived at the studio. "Good morning" you and the rest of EXO echos while your eyes start roaming the room for Y/N. You spot her at the back organizing the makeup and outfits that will be used for the day.

"Good morning" the lead producer for today greets, "let's get you guys prepped."

EXO members immediately rush to get ready, some going to change first while some get their hair and make up done. You also rush to try to get to Y/N first so you could speak with her.

But before you could reach her, you see Baekhyun already seated in her makeup chair, "Good morning Baek" she greets him happily.

You feel a bit of disappointment seeing them smiling at each other and you had an urge to break up their conversation. But before you were able to, "Hey Chanyeol, come get fitted first." A staff called out to you. You had no choice but to go get changed first.

When you were done changing, you were directed to get your makeup done by one of the other stylists. Despite that, you couldn't take your attention off from Y/N who was a few seats over. You watched as she happily interacted with your other members.

When everyone was done their prep, you guys started with a few group photos which went pretty well. Then it was time for individual shots.

While you, Baek and Sehun waited for your turn the make up artists came over to do some touch ups. You saw Y/N heading your way but instead of approaching you she went right pass you to do Baek's touch up while Chris came to do yours. This made you think whether she was purposely avoiding you today.

Your thoughts didn't stop there. You started wondering back to why she rejected you. She had mentioned that it was because you were a celebrity, but what if that was just an excuse. What if she was actually into someone else? What if she was into Baek? They seem so close now. She is always laughing and hanging out with him. The more you thought about this the more you got annoyed.

"Chanyeol it's your turn" you got into place for your personal shots when called. But your eyes and mind were still observing Y/N's every move. Seeing her hang out with Baek and the other members really gets your blood boiling. And without realizing this seemed to be showing in your expressions too, "Hey Chanyeol, this is a joyful concept, can you relax your expression a bit. Give us your happy virus smile!"

You tried to focus back on the task at hand. But after a few more shots, you hear some laughing by the members and Y/N that gets you distracted once more. "Chanyeol, I don't think this is working. Why don't you take a break?" The photographer suggests and moves on to the next member for now.

"Fine!" You get frustrated and leaves the studio, hiding yourself in the dressing room.

It is now past 5pm and all the groups shots and individual shots are done with the exception of yours. Since a few of the members have other schedules, they couldn't wait for you to redo your shots, so when you were called back to the studio it was just you and a few of the photographer staff left. Knowing that you screwed up earlier and not wanting to keep the staff any longer you try your best and this time you were able to meet their standards.

After finishing, you thanked the staff and headed back to the dressing room to change. On the way, you texted your manager telling him you're done and to come pick you up.

"Are you finished with your photos today?" Y/N greeted you once you opened the dressing room door.

"Why are you still here?" You were surprised to find someone still here as you thought all the SM staff had left. And especially her since she had ignored you all day.

"Yea, they said someone needed to stay behind to help you with touch ups or removing your make up." She explained.

"I see..." you suddenly feel disappointed in her response. For a moment, you thought that she wanted to wait for you, but she was just doing her job. "You can just go home now, I can wrap up myself."

"No it's fine. I can stay and help remove your make up."

"Why are you so eager to work now?" You confronted, "You've been just distracting and flirting with the other members all day."

Once hearing what you said, you can tell that Y/N expression changed into a surprised then serious one. Witnessing her expression you felt a little guilty for what you had just rudely blurted out. But it was too late to take it back. "You can just go now. I'm fine by myself." You dismissed her for the day.

As she was about to leave, your manager had arrived. "Hey Y/N you're still here too. I can take you both home. We're done for the day right?"

"Yea we are. Let's go" Still annoyed at how today played out, you simply said, got up, and walked pass them heading to the car.

Your manager and Y/N quietly followed.