Chapter 1: My Life

Kayla's POV (Main character) in her bedroom.

"Kayla! Kayla! Wake up, time for school!" My mum announced whilst waking me up.

I really didn't want to go school. People always expect me to do everything they ask for. Especially students. I know they don't really like me, they're just using me for my homework.

Reluctantly, once she hurried off to the kitchen, I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom.

After a hot shower, I brushed my teeth and then headed out towards my bedroom. Under the impression I was late, I found my uniform and put it on quickly. My school uniform is a dark purple-and-black stripped tie, a dark purple blazer with a breast pocket on the left, black skirt, black tights, and fancy black school shoes.

Once I was all sorted, I went downstairs to see a grilled a ham-and-cheese sandwich waiting for me. Trust me, no one does grilled sandwiches better then my mum.

"Hurry up, dear. Sit down and eat. " My mum told me in her heavy African accent.

As I sat down to eat, I pulled out my phone to check the time.

7:30 am

"7:30?! Mum why did you wake me up so early?" I questioned, frustrated at mum for what she did.

"Firstly, it does you well to wake up early." Mum began,"Prepare and organize yourself. One thing you can do is clean your room, maybe even study. Secondly, you're not supposed to have your phone out on the table while eating. Hand it here. You can have it back after you've finished."

" But mum, I-"

"NO buts!" Mum yelled angrily and,without hesitation, grabbed my phone out of my hand.

Well, that's my mum for you. Never lets me do anything, even check the time... I thought.

Frustrated, I quickly gobbled up my sandwich, washed my plate, grabbed my phone and went to my room to pass time.

Once I reached my bedroom, I realized that my room wasn't even dirty. I didn't have to do anything.

Having nothing to do, I grabbed my earphones and laid on my bed. After adjusting myself, I went on my phone to go on my favourite show, Beyblade Burst Turbo. Beyblade has a numerous amount of series (Beyblade Burst, Beyblade Burst Evolution, Beyblade Burst Turbo, Beyblade Burst Rise, Beyblade Burst Surge, Beyblade Burst Dynamite Battle/DB) but the one I cherish is Beyblade Burst Turbo. My dream is to make my own. I don't what I would call it just yet. I should forget about it though. My mum would never let me. She thinks it's a distraction to my learning. I'll never get a break, will I?

After finishing a few episodes, I checked the time.

8:16 am

I only live a good 10 minutes away from school so I wasn't panicked, but I should start making my way. So I picked up my school bag and made my way out of my house.

A few minutes later

After a short walk, I've finally made it to my school. But my mission wasn't to GO IN the building, it was to find my best friend, Myra. I go to one of the best schools in England. McDunely Secondary School. Anyway, it is insanely popular. Back to the point, Myra and I grew up together and we have never separated since. She is my only friend. Even though I do want to meet other people, I'm not complaining to that she is the one I can talk to.

After loooking for a bit, I noticed she was hanging 'round the entrance, so I rushed towards there.

"Hey!"Myra called out, waving her hand happily.

"Hi Myra, ready to head in?" I replied, as I hooked my arm around hers.

"Sure, but before we do that, you allowed to head 'round the cinema today?"

"Um, you know I can't make any promises. I'll see what my mum says. I'll text you what she says." I said, knowing she will be disappointed.

"No offence, but I wish your mum was less strict..." She started, "It's fine. Let's just go to class."

No, it's not fine, I never get to do anything and it is frustrating! I wish my mum could understand...

*time skip to after school*

After school, like always, I said goodbye to my best friend and headed home.

As soon as I entered the house, I saw mum in the kitchen, washing the dishes, so I went in there. This time, I am confident. I'm always so nervous to ask if I can go out with my friends because I know the answer, but this time, I won't take no for an answer.

"Mum." I started, "I want to go out with Myra." I have a good feeling about this conversation.

"Absolutely not! You have a test in 3 weeks!" Go to your room and study!" She replied. Like I said, I'm done with taking no.

"Firstly, it's in 3 weeks, can't I have a break? Secondly, You don't have to come! I am old enough to go the the cinema that is 2 minutes away from the house!" I continued, trying to contain my anger.

"It's a no! Go and study! Don't make me tell you again! I bet these kids at your school are making you give me this attitude, aren't they?!" Mum then looked away, annoyed.

"I'm done with studying! You keep me like I'm a prisoner. Even though I study so hard, you don't appreciate how much effort I put in!" I yelled. I shocked myself, it just spilled out!

"GO TO YOUR ROOM! GIVE ME YOUR PHONE NOW!" I guess I wasn't the only one who lost it. Not even hesitating, I handed over my phone and stormed off to my room. I am so tired of the same results.

I jumped on to my bed and dug my face into a pillow as tears rolled down my face. I wish I was more free...

To get my mind of the situation, I decided to go on my computer and watch my favourite show, Beyblade Burst Turbo. It always made me laugh and calm down.

After a while, I started to feel sleepy, so I went onto my bed and tucked myself to sleep. Sometimes I wish I could be in a world as simple as Beyblade Burst Tubo...

-------------------
Thank you guys for reading my first chapter! Keep on reading and I hope you enjoy! Goodbye for now!