Clash of the Butterflies

Episode 14a and b - After a solid several months of military campaigns, an exhausted Star is ready to return to Earth-ni! Reassured by General Skarsguard that his army can handle the jaggy mountain fortresses, Star and her friends depart on a small convoy of warnicorns back home. They're also excited since, due to the war circumstances, they can resume in person classes at the University instead of just virtual.

The trip could have been easy. Instead, it's just chaos! Dipper forgot their maps back at Pie Island, adding another two days to the journey! On the third day, one of the warnicorns nearly escaped and the entire group had to recapture it!

A few exhausting days later, they're now just a day's march to the coast. Luz sees a castle in the distance and desperately asks Star if they could stop to get more supplies? Everyone in the group is tired after the chaos of the trip. A half awake Star murmurs sure when she looks closer at the castle.

As soon as she realizes it's her Mom's Castle, Her eyes blot wide open and she nervously refuses to go further. She's about to turn her warnicorn around when Amity stops her. She sympathizes with Star's feelings towards her Mom, but begs if they can at least try to fix things with her. Star looks at Amity, then Anne, then the rest of the group who are all exhausted. She reluctantly agrees and they stop by the castle.

The castle's garrison, to Star's surprise, welcomes her and her friends. They give food and water to them and inform Star that her Parents would like to see her. Entering the throne room, Star and her friends look up to see a joyous Rivers and somewhat indifferent Moon sitting on the room's thrones.

Star and Rivers hug instantly! Tears well in both their eyes as Rivers apologizes to Star profusely, which Star accepts. The group thinks the meeting will go smoothly until they look at how Star and Moon peer daggers at each other.

River notices the brewing tension as well as offers to show the rest of the group his bear wrestling trophies! The group accepts without hesitation and quickly they depart the room. Star and Moon just stare at each other for a few moments in silence.

Star takes in a deep breath and, with great annoyance, thanks her Mom for the supplies. She further asks with reluctant annoyance if she would like to join the war against the coalition? Moon Flatly says No! She retorts sharply she doesn't want to involve herself in a war caused by her Daughter's rashness! Star is enraged but the insult! Her eyes light up with fury!

As Rivers shows off his bear wrestling trophies, the whole building starts to rumble in fits. The ceiling shakes and the walls crack! Everyone in their gut knows something is very wrong!

Everyone reenters the throne room in horror to find Star and Moon in Butterfly form engaged in an all out magic fight! It's a truly terrifying fight, with Star having only a sliver of an advantage in speed. Before anyone can get seriously hurt, Marco, Rivers, Anne, Sasha, and Marcy plead frantically to stop the madness!

The two heed the pleas and land on the floor, still facing each other with wands activated! Sasha utilizes all her skills as a school counselor to convince the two to forgive each other! Marco begs Star to stop, telling her she has every right to be angry at her Mom, but this won't solve anything and will be playing right into Mina's hands by being so divided! Rivers reminds Moon desperately they are family!

The two's individual pleas hit home for Star and Moon! They lower their wands and just gaze at each other with wide open eyes. The silence briefly returns before tears flow down their faces! They embrace each other as Moon apologizes from the bottom of her Heart for betraying Star. With a lot of internal strength, Star musters up the courage to forgive her Mom!

To prove they will stand by their Daughter, they gather everyone in the castle throne room. There they take the Treaty they signed with Black Hat and rip it to shreds to the cheers of the whole crowd.

As Star and her friends are about to leave, Marco unexpectedly asks Star's Parents if he can talk to them for a few minutes! They nonchalantly agree and head to the throne room. Dipper is a bit curious and secretly follows Marco. As the doors to the Throne room close, Dipper tries to hear anything from the doors to no avail.

Five minutes later, Marco leaves the room with a slight smile on his face! Dipper follows close behind and glances into the throne room. He sees Moon and Rivers still sitting on their thrones. To his confusion though, he sees them grinning ear to ear as if they heard the best news in the world!

The group get back onto their warnicorns and plan to head for the coast in the morning. Star's Parents have already arranged for boats to take them across the seaway to Earth-ni. As the group and their warnicorns stop to rest for the night by a small patch of grass. Dipper waits for Marco to fall asleep before sneaking out of his sleeping bag. He tiptoes towards Marco and finds his backpack.

Dipper sees a tiny box hidden in a side pocket and quietly pulls it out to look. He opens the box to find it has a beautiful diamond ring inside. Inside the ring itself is the message "To Star Butterfly, my best friend forever"!

Dipper is thoroughly speechless as he tries not to make a sound! He silently puts the ring and the box back where he found it and heads back to his sleeping bag.