Chapter 1

For some reason, I know things I never experienced. Like at the start:

All I was conscious of was myself. And somehow, I knew I wasn't fully formed. I also knew, the time I was in the chamber was nearing the amount of days it takes a normal protogen to fully form. But I was only half way there. I was also nearing the size of a fully formed protogen.

2 days later, I could tell I was out of my tank. I could sense my environment better, largely by touch. I could also tell I was moving, being carried. Probably to a larger tank. I don't remember what happened afterwards.

3 days later, I could see. I couldn't move my eyes though, and couldn't easily focus. Infront of my tank, the creators. Humanoid creatures with 4 arms, 4 eyes, dragon like tails and horns coming out the sides of their head. They were all wearing armor but only one was wearing it's helmet. They were working on what looked like VR training equipment, but the set was much larger than regular ones.

4 days later, I was fully formed. And was doing the VR training. Not much interesting about it, but I learnt how to move and that I would become a combat specialist on an arid planet.

The next day, I was in my synch pod. I was in it for 4 days instead of the regular 1 or 2.

After that, I was in my crimson ship. Ready to blast off to my distant destination.

Here are some pictures (not by me) showing the original way of how normal protogens are made.