Stay outa my way 🦁

"We all used to be friends"

"All?" Will questioned.

"Look at them" Max pointed at a table with a red table cloth. The table was in the center of the room, the color matched the walls. It screamed center piece of the table, like i'm better than you.

You could tell the kids at the table were leaders. They were different. All schools had popular kids. These were Hawkins High's popular kids.

"Last year we were all freshmans. Things were different." Max said.

"Steve Harrington was the King of Hawkins High by that meaning he was the most popular. But he didn't let that get to his head. Steve was a good guy" Max said while looking at the red table.

"You knew him?" Will asked.

Max nodded. "He was basically my second mom. Practically raising me, raising all of us"

"Us?"

"Them" Max pointed to the kids laughing, again at the red table. "Keep up Will"

"Sorry".

"But Steve was also a senior. He gave up his crown to the person he trusted the most. His girlfriend's younger brother. Mike."

"Is that the tall one?"

"Will you shut the fuck up! I'm getting there"

"Sorry"

"Mike took the crown as a kind sweet person who didn't know the person he would become today."

"A bully?"

"Oh Will he's so much more than that" Max sighed.

"There's rumors that he raped a girl but then reported to the police that she raped him. That girl spent 3 years in prison"

"That's just a rumor though" Will said.

"There's more. He's gotten multiple girl pregnant, but he doesn't support them or the baby. He just leaves. Depending who you ask there's more and more and even more. But that's not my story to tell."

"I suppose" Will sighs.

"So please Will I beg of you, as a friend I'm saying don't interact with him anymore." Max pleaded.

Will looked back at the table. Mike didn't look like he would do the stuff that Max said. But at the same time he looked like he would. He looked like he could give you whatever you wanted but at the same time take it away and leave you worse than you started.

"I'll stay away because a friend is asking" Will smiled at max.

"That's good." Max smiled back.

Will looked at the clock above the cafeteria door.

"We have time, tell me more"

"About?"

"I don't know you said "we all" so I suspect there's more"