Chapter 8

Chapter 8- Well Shit

Today was yet again another day of training. Yesterday Blake and I watched movies and messed around. Many times I was sitting on the couch when he would scare me by randomly tickling me. It felt normal, like we didn't have to worry about anything. Today was different.

There was no room for messing off or goofing around. We had to stay serious and be open and ready for an attack at any moment. I wasn't going to let my son be in danger, not if I could help it. Today we were going to be going for a run to get our wolf forms in shape. We separated ourselves into groups.

The teens were in one group with two fighters, Mason and Vance, to keep an eye on them and protect them. The next group were regular adult females and males, who were accompanied by Parker and Will. Then the last group was the more and advanced and ranked wolves which were of course accompanied by Blake, James, and I.

We sent off into the woods and ran around getting our bodies familiar with our wolf form. After we stretched out our muscles and did a couple miles of running we met up in the clearing and started a game. Even though it was a game it was taken seriously, being relevant to training and all.

A while ago a scientist came up with a serum that when sprayed smelled like rouges. It worked really well and it wears out within an hour. We sent James to spray our surroundings and to hide a flag that was also sprayed. Basically the game was like capture the flag but with all the sprays of the scent in the area there were plenty of chances to be fooled.

We let the groups run and James, Blake, and I ran a bit enjoying the breeze ruffling our fur. The day was rather sunny, applying heat on our fur. There was the perfect amount of wind to make it relaxing but not chilly. Leaves on the trees and bushes were rustling because of it and small particles of dirt were zipping this way and that. The trees were making multiple shadows on the ground only allowing little sunlight to come through.

We watched the pack daughters run around just trying not to get caught, clearly being to young to fully understand the point of the game. Then there was the competitive boys who pushed each other back and forth bickering about who would find the flag and win for their team. All while watching this a smile formed on my face bigger each second. I don't think I could be any more fond of my pack than I already am. They are a wild bunch but are foolish and hilarious at the same time.

Minutes went by and soon enough everyone was out of range looking for the flag. There laughter and voices still in hearing range. James, Blake and I descended our way further into the forest away from the pack. We were heading towards the river, that was not far away to get some water and rest a bit.

We were nearly there when James paused. He was ahead of us so I couldn't see his expression. But what I could see made me worry. The muscles in his back tightened and he stood rigid.

"James?" I said quietly after a moment.

In response he put his hand up and turned his head to look over his shoulder. He put a finger up to his lips telling us to be quiet. I looked over to Blake confused only to see the same feature on his face. Before I could even move, I was cut off by James.

"Shit." He swore under his breath. And again before I could even react he was off speeding through the trees ignoring anything that could make any indication of his presence.

I looked over at Blake again to see him, now stock still in place, eyes glazed over I'm guessing using his mind link. Few second went by before he started swearing too. He turned to me and quietly whispered.

"He never sprayed that area. Gather up the pack and head to the safe house. I'm following James and calling the pack warriors and fighters. Stay safe. I love you."

He gave me a quick peck and sped off into the trees. I was left standing still trying to process everything. The day we though would come later was closing in on us.

Well shit.

That and Blake's safety were the last thoughts I had before I flew off to warn the others and lead them to safety.

A/N

Guys I know I haven't updated in a long time and I'm so sorry for that!

A lot of things have been going on and I've been really preoccupied with school. My math teacher had her babies a couple weeks ago and now were stuck with this stupid substitute who teaches horribly and doesn't show his work. Then he asks 'Am I doing this right?' or 'Is this right?' and its really frustrating cuz its like how are we supposed to know your the teacher figure it out. And yeah so its been frustrating on my part. I was hoping to be on chapter 15 by now but I guess that's not going to happen. Any ways I apologize for my lateness and I hope to get my updating schedule back to normal when school is over. Can't wait for that btw. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I really miss you guys. I haven't been on here in like forever.

Comment

Vote

Follow

Message me through inbox if you want.

~Stephanie