Wounded Pride

"Sukai Shima?" Head master, Rīdiā calls. "That's me." I whisper and formally head over to him. Today we were testing our combat fighting skills. What mastery we're at, levels and what not. He reads me with his scouter. "Your power level reads 4000." I hear gasps. I try not to get a big head but, I could help but smirk. Master Rīdā looks at me. "Very well, you will be matched with..." He looks around the room. I hear a ding go off from his scouter. "....Prince Vegeta." I gasp. That jerk? Why him! He was just a stuck up arrogant brat! "You're pairing me up with HER?" He shout from across the room. "Is there no better opponent that would give an actual fight?" The room was silent. No where dared to laugh. I clench my jaw and draw my fists. "What's the matter, your highness? Afraid to get your ass kicked by a girl?" I taunt. "Vegeta," Rīdā begins "Your father wants you to take these classes because he feels you don't train hard enough. You and Sukai are the best in my class. That's why I paired you. You have the same power level." He crosses his arms and floats over to us. Master nods. "Good. Get in positions. Remember, no special moves. Ki blasts only." We hover over to the battle area. Vegeta glares at me. "So, you and I are equally matched with power ay? Either that makes me really weak, or you're just over powered." He snarls. "Begin." Rīdā echoes. Before Vegeta has time to move, I form a simple ki blast and shoot him, throwing him backwards. "Why can't it be both?" I say with a smirk. He gets up "That was a cheap shot!" He shouts shooting one back. I dodge it. "Someone mad because he got knocked on his feet?" Then a blast comes aiming for my face and hits, sending me to the ground. He laughs "Don't you mean, 'she' and 'her'?" I growl and shoot up to him and we start to battle. Every kick, hit, punch, countered by defense. It's almost as if we are dancing in fast forward. Every thing that was thrown at the other was blocked. I couldn't get a hit in. And I didn't let him. "You are quick. Maybe you are a worthy opponent after all." He says between dodges and ducks. "Yeah?" I say, thinking fast. I teleport behind him and with a grunt I side sweep kick him in the side and take him down. He hits the ground. Hard. "I wish I could say the same for you." A roar of cheers erupt from the class. Master Rīdā holds up a hand. The cheers silence. "Very good, Sukai. Vegeta, I'm disappointed in you." I turn to Vegeta, who was snarling at me. I just grin and wave. He crosses his arms and looks away. I almost felt bad for him. Then I remembered what he said about me being a girl and got over it. Typical brat. Pouting because he didn't get his way. I beam with victory as I take my seat and watch the the other battles. I sense Vegeta glaring at me the whole time. This only makes me beam harder.