First Fight!

Looking at the three pokeball that Tierno brought out, I decided to pick one at random.

"I'll take this one" I said as I picked the left most pokeball.

After I opened up the ball, a short green creature popped out. Its body was covered in pointy spikes.

"Chespin!" It yelled out before turning to look at me.

As I looked down at the small grass type starter, I knew that this moment was the start of something great.

Crouching down on my knees in order to be closer to Chespin, I gave him my hand, "Hello Chespin, My name is Neta, I am going to be your trainer from now on. Let's have a good time." I shook my hand in order for Chespin to take it.

Chespin, Looked me in the eyes and then at my hand. Before grabbing it and jumping up and down.

"Ches Pin Ches Pin Pin!" He yelled out in excitement, Both his small pawn grabbing onto my hand and he jumped around.

Seeing me take my starter Pokemon, Shauna and Serena took theirs too.

Shauna took a Froakie, a blue water type frog.

While Serena took Fennekin, An Orange fire type fox.

Seeing as everyone got their starter now, Tierno gave Trevor a little push on his shoulder. Making him jump and grab for something in his bag.

"Yes! Before you leave, The Professor gave us these to help us on our journey. Please, Take one." Trevor pulled out a red handheld machine, similar in shape to a see through phone screen.

"It's the Kalos regienal Pokedex, It has knowledge on all the pokemon in the region, and will also write new information on pokemon from other regions if you scan them. As Lab sponsored trainers, It's part of our job to scan and find as many pokemon as we can while we go on our journey. Or at least that's what I think the Professor wants." Tierno added, pulling out his own pokedex to show how it works.

Taking a Pokedex for herself and passing one on to me, Serena then pull out a letter from her bag.

"Listen Neta, This is a Letter for your mother. It has all the information of your patronage from the lab and the professor, Give this to your mother when you head back home." She passes me the envelope. It smells like expensive perfume.

Is the Professor flirting with Grace?

Nodding and pocketing the letter, I turn to walk away back home. I really don't want to hang out with Tierno or Serena longer than I must.

"Hey, Is no one going to stop him?" Trevor asks as he sees me walk away towards route 1.

"Nah, It's Neta, I'm surprised he even left his home" Serena added.

Just because I'm an introvert doesn't mean I can't leave my house, Bitch.

Serena always acts like this, Being all nice and stuff when I'm around, But when she thinks I can't hear her, she starts talking shit.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, Wait up Neta!" Turning around to see who called out to me, I notice Shauna running after me.

"You can't just leave! We still need to have a pokemon battle!" Shauna points at me dramatically, striking a pose reminiscent from that of a manga.

"Why do I need to have a pokemon battle with you?" I ask confused, I just want to go home.

"Because it's tradition Silly! When two trainers start their journey on the same day, They are fated to become rivals and must have a pokemon battle!" Shauna exclaimed, Eyes glowing in excitement at the prospect of a pokemon battle with me.

I just met her today...

Silently following her as she drags me to a small Arena outside the Pokemon Center, I take one side of the field as Shauna takes the other.

Looking down at Chespin, "Hey buddy, It seems we need to have a fight. Let's show those two how it's done 'kay?" I tell the grass type starter.

Looking at me before nodding, He waddles up to his side of the field, Standing at ready.

"Pin Chespin!"

Seeing as Shauna finished getting ready on her side of the field, As Froakie jumps into the Arena.

"Are you ready?" Shauna yells at me.

Nodding and giving her a thumbs up from my side of the field, She Jumps in excitement and strikes another pose!

"Let's go! Froakie use pound!" The blue frog croaks and jumps towrds Chespin, its front foot glowing white.

"Chespin, Dodge the attack and use Vine whip!" I shout towards my starter.

"Ches!" Chespin rolls under under the attack from Froakie, and turns around to slap the frog with a vine sprountin out of the back of his neck.

The vine whips connects with the Froakie, launching it back a half a meter.

"Quick Chespin! Use Vine whipe again!" "don't let it hit you Froakie! Use Bubble!" Both Shauna and I call out our moves at the same time.

As Froakie blows bubbles from it's mouth towards Chespin, A green vine whip travels through the bubbles, popping them on the way, before striking the water type starter on the forehead. Knocking it out with cartoonish swirly eyes.

"Ahh, Froakie return." Shauna sighs before calling Froakie back into its pokeball, traveling in a red flash of light.

"Ches? Chespin! Ches Ches Ches!" Chespin, noticing that he won the fight, starts running around in circles with his arms lifted in the air, similar to a soccer player that just scored a goal.

--------------------------------------------------------------

After winning our first pokemon battle, now with a hundred percent win rate to our name.  I turn back towards route 1 In order to head home.

"Not so fast!" Shauna calls out again.

"Let me give you my number to your Holo Caster. and there! Now we can keep in touch! Next time we figth, I won't lose Fated Rival!" Striking another pose and pointing at me, Shauna then quickly turns and runs towards the Pokemon center presumably to heal her Froakie.

"Huh, she was weird." "Chespin..." Assuming that Chespin agreed with my statement I head home. I still need to give this letter to Grace and say goodbye to her, Fletchling and Rhyhorn.

This seems to be the start of a long, exhausting part of my new life here in Kalos.

But at least I think I made a friend... I think.

"Chespin Ches!"

So Yeah, this is Chapter 2! Hope you enjoyed.