Equipment Checklist

Two men were walking side by side towards a large hangar. The man on the left wore a long black coat, a black fedora, and sunglasses. His face was barely visible under the fedora's shadow, yet everyone he met saluted him. 

Even the famous Dr.White didn't know his real name, yet they were walking side by side this time.

Unknown: So, Doctor, I see you have received my letter.

Dr.White: Yes I have, Sir.

Unknown: Then you know why we are here, right?

Dr.White: Yes, Sir.

Unknown: Great. I want you to write a list of what you see in there.

Dr.White: Got it. Would you like anything else, Sir?

Unknown: Of course. Please, write down your opinion about them. You will bring this with you for your next "research project". And be honest, otherwise, you know what happens to Class D-s right?

Dr.White nervously nod his head signaling that he understood the assignment.

Unknown: If you are done, order coffee in the cafeteria for two and wait.

The man handed a banknote to Dr.White which he hesitated to accept, but he put it in his hand and left just as quickly as he came.

"Order a coffee for two? Well, I guess I have no other choice... But first, let me see what's in there."

Dr.White opened the hangar doors, and to his surprise, a beautiful, seemingly new Pave Hawk helicopter was sitting just ahead of him. He quickly took a photo of it, but then he reminded himself that he was at work, so he deleted it instantly.

"Wow, this thing is gigantic! I wonder if I get to ride it..."

Behind the helicopter, a Bradley IFV was waiting quietly for its turn. The paint on it was so fresh that he could smell it, even from the door.

"Now that's a trusty old friend. Back for another game, huh?"

Then he spotted the strange canisters on the turret of the Bradley. They weren't your usual smoke grenades... They looked similar, but they were bigger, reinforced, and there were a lot more installed on the vehicle.

"A trophy system maybe? No, it can't be, there is no projectile tracking system on the top..."

He went a little closer and read the labels on one of the canisters.

"Warning? Hazardous material? What the hell does SWARM mean? It's probably better to leave it alone..."

He walked around to the other side of the Bradley, where he spotted a table full of weapon parts.

The note on the table read:

'Make yourself a nice friend and leave it here.'

"I guess this isn't a normal weapon assembly kit either..."

He picked up the Model 870 shotgun from the table and put a collapsible stock on it. Then he placed some rails on the top to mount a holographic sight. A plastic, shell carrier went onto the side of the weapon. 

"This looks good enough."

He placed the weapon back onto the table and left it there. He walked to the hangar's exit and left the building.

On the way back, he wrote down what he thought and put the paper in his backpack.

He stepped into the cafeteria building, went to the bar, and sat down in a seat. The bartender woman on the other side of the bar smiled at him and asked what he would like.

Dr.White: Two large espressos, please.

Bartender: Two? Are you going to have company? 

Dr.White: I'm not sure yet.

Bartender: Hey, if no one comes, I'd drink that with you.

Dr.White: Heh, thanks Lily, not today. I have a lot of work to do.

Lily: Alright, until then, maybe we should... 

Lily froze rock solid.

Dr.White: Lily?

As Dr.White turned around, he saw the same man. He walked up to White and sat down next to him.

Unknown: Would you please leave us alone for a moment?

Lily: Of course, I'll stay back there if you need me...

Lily hastily ran back into the storage room.

Unknown: Espresso? Hmmm, not my favorite, but I'll take it. So, is it done?

Dr.White: Yes. Here are the notes that I made.

Unknown: I'll read it later. Let's talk about your squad, shall we?

Dr.White: Squad? What do you mean, Sir?

Unknown: Doctor, did you think that you would go there alone? Of course not. I selected a few of my very best men, just for your mission. Currently, that dimensional cube could pose a threat to our dimension.

Dr.White: Threat?

Unknown: Please, Doctor, don't pretend to be so ignorant.

Dr.White: I'm sorry, Sir.

Unknown: Back to the topic. You perfectly know how chaotic it would be if those "things" were to... Somehow... Find us...

Dr.White: Yes, Sir! The foundation wouldn't stay secret for long.

Unknown: Correct. I want you to explore the area past your known location. You'll be on the move constantly and equipment will be airdropped to you on request.

Dr.White: I don't doubt your choice, Sir, but it sounds quite expensive.  

Unknown: It is, Doctor, but we've found a way to temporarily open a wormhole, just large enough for a cargo plane to fly through.

Dr.White: I understand, Sir.

Unknown: Well then, your team will wait for you in the assembly area this afternoon. Until then, goodbye, Doctor.

Dr.White looked away for a second and then wanted to ask something. But the man wasn't there anymore.

"Where did he go?"

He never got an answer to that.

Lily: Wow, was that an O5? 

Dr.White: Uh, yeah, I suppose.

Lily: What did he say?!

Dr.White: I can't tell you about that Lily. I'm sorry.

Lily: Aww, come on...

Dr.White: Clearance level 4 and up. Again, I'm sorry. I'll see you later and thanks for the coffee!

Dr.White stood up and headed for the assembly area...