Chapter 17 - Going home

Caitlin's POV

The weekend is sadly over and I unfortunately have to leave.

Normally, na e-excite akong makita si Kris, but this time, it's breaking my heart leaving Bea. This weekend has been amazing.

After the Tagaytay trip with Jho and Nico on Saturday, we went out for Sunday brunch the next day and spent most of the afternoon at her house. We lazed on the couch, watched silly movies, and just enjoyed being together. Throwing in the occasional mind blowing sex every now and then.

Nakahiga lang kami ngayon sa couch habang nanonood ng episode ng paborito n'yang series but not really watching it. I'm laying on top of her and she has one hand on my lower back while the other plays in my hair. She's always been so fascinated by it since the day we met. Every time nagpapagupit ako na c-cringe s'ya at parang takot na kalbo na akong lumabas ng salon or something.

I look at the time on my watch and look up at her. She smiles down at me before kissing my forehead.

"Gotta go huh?" I pout my lips and she chuckles rubbing my back.

"You could always stay. I wouldn't mind at all." I smile and raise myself up a little so I'm looking down at her.

"I bet you wouldn't." I say kissing her lips. "Unfortunately, kailangan kong umalis." Her smile falls and I feel her grip tighten slightly.

I shush her and kiss her again.

"'Wag kang mag-alala love, babalik ako. I just have to end things properly then I'm all yours." She smiles a little but I could tell it was forced.

Alam ko kung anong tumatakbo sa isip n'ya. Alam kong natatakot s'ya na bumalik ang lahat sa dati or maybe end up worse. Hindi ko kaya ang tingin na binibigay n'ya kaya binigyan ko s'ya ng halik bago tumayo para magbihis.

I try my best to put all of the love I could muster into that kiss hoping she felt it and knew I would be back.

After I gather my things, she walks me to my car and helps me get everything in before putting her hands in her pockets standing awkwardly.

"You know you could've just left all of this here? It wasn't hurting anything." I smile and gently brush my thumb along her cheek.

"I'll be back before you know it." I kiss her cheek and forced myself to get into the car.

She waves as I drive away and once I'm out of view, I have to pull over so I don't wreck from how hard I'm crying. It felt as if my heart was being ripped out seeing her like that. She was trying so hard to keep her distance because I know she's scared.

Takot din ako.

Natatakot ako sa magiging reaction ni Kris at alam ko kung gaano kalapit sa isa't isa ang dalawa. I'm about to go break up with him but it feels as though me and her just said our goodbyes.

I finally calm down and clean myself up before driving the rest of the way home. When I pull into the driveway I see Kris' car already there. I sigh and get out of the car mentally preparing myself for the worst. I unlock the door and went inside.

At first I'm confused because it's so dark in there so I call out for him.

"Kris? Are you home?" I wander around looking for him when I see a light flickering in the hallway.

I go around the corner and I see rose petals and candles leading out to the backyard. I'm slightly touched because he's never been this romantic before, but it quickly saddens me when I remember the whole reason I'm here.