Is that you?

I shrieked again as bats charged at me from a large distance away. The deadly creatures were only visible through the red thunder that struck every few seconds. Tentacles slithered around me, about to pin me to the ground. I managed to get off my feet and come back to sorts. Everything, still here.

It took me a long moment to process before I sprinted towards the trees. I remember it was that direction because of the familiar drain that marked our place here. The trees were naked and the clouds shrouded the sky. Every sound of my step electrified my heartbeat, keeping it alive. The adrenaline that pumped through my body was indescribable.

As I glanced to my right, a familiar landmark helped me locate where we were now. Skull Rock, the rock that Steve practically invented. I crashed beneath the large rock, squinting my eyes and keeping my knees buried in my chest. To my relief, the bats passed me and kept looking for me through the leafless trees.

I sighed in relief, grateful that I made it out of the bats' sight.

After a few moments of processing, I began to walk down the pathway to Wheeler's house. From there, I'll grab one of her bikes and ride to Eddie's trailer. Exactly what we did last time, just... without the backup.

I tried to walk a little bit slower to calm myself, but every step I took just got faster and faster. Eventually, I found myself sprinting towards their house. I skidded to a stop when I came to a familiar cliff, overlooking the gruesome house. It was now engrossed in more vines, probably being protected. Grime and dirt swallowed the shack and it looked like it belonged to the upside down.

"Shit." I muttered to myself as I began to stride down the cliff. Any vine that I step on could determine the fate of my life. Lovely.

Every step I took, the more my heart rate accelerated. A brush of the vine could result in ending up like Max, or worse.

The door creaked. Elongated vines coiled the ground, making it harder to find an available path than last time. Without hesitation, off I went towards the garage. I picked the bike that was tallest and rode out through the back door. It was tricky to ride after so long. In fact, I refused to do it during PE classes in Hawkins High because it made me feel sick. Especially because the bikes were the same brand as the one that I was riding now.

As I was pedaling, my attention drew to the thundering clouds which outlined something along the line of a shadow. It was swirling, morphing, evolving.
However, my peripheral vision was focused on the gross landmines guided my pathway along the roads. One false pedal and my mission would be over.

The creature was still morphing. It was almost like it couldn't figure out which shape to take on so it was in a dilemma. Good thing Eddie's trailer was a distance away from it.

About 3 miles in, I estimated. 4 more to go.

Suddenly, I lost all control of the bike. Something that felt like a magnet pulled me straight down harshly and pierced my back into the tar of the road.
"Ugh!" I grunted. The bike almost immediately fell over.

I was pinned to the road. Couldn't get up, couldn't move, like I was being tied with an invisible rope. Then, something clicked. Powers. Vecna.

"Chloe..."
"Get away from me you shithead!"
"Oh, but Chloe... the mind flayer is waiting to finish it's job... goodbye."
"W-what?" I gasped.

I managed to tilt my head back, and on the floor was gross human and rat flesh that provided an abrupt flashback to 1985.
It began to evolve into the same spider-monster figure that I had once seen.

"No!" I screeched.

The creature was fully morphed, and was gradually coming closer and closer to my vulnerable self. With each leg it peered over me, it shoved it's face in mine. It was all happening so fast. My eyes were wide and my mouth gaped open from shock.

It roared in my face to present dominance.
Wait... dominance? This wasn't under Vecna's control. This was Vecna's pet.

With all my strength and courage, I pulled on my wrists against the strong force that was pinning me down. Finally being free, but with the mind flayer guarding over me, I roared. Screamed like a banshee, as my vocals itched. Blood poured from my nose as the monster screeched in confusion and pain.

With my final burst of energy, I flew it up and out into the forest. Like Eleven to the van.

There was one thing me and the gang hadn't thought through. Exhaustion.

Vision was blurred and sounds were faded. The only thing I could hear was the constant ringing in my ears as I helplessly laid on the floor in victory.

"Chloe?! Chloe!"
The faint image of curled hair and puppy brown eyes drew my attention.
"Eddie?" I rasped.
"Don't worry, Chloe. We're going to get out of here. You finally opened the gate...."
The sound faded out.
And I lost all consciousness.