Chapter 9: Alone time

Alone Time

On the trip back, the only noise that could be heard was the occasional wind against the trees and the sound of the car hitting some bumps. Khun kept staring out the window, and Bam entirely ignored him. There was some tension, and Khun wasn't sure why it was there in the first place.

He had not eaten anything since he woke up and was getting a bit hungry. His stomach rumbled at the thought of food, and Bam finally turned to look at him, paying him attention since the beginning of the drive. Bam directed his attention to his face and then his stomach. Khun's face turned crimson in embarrassment. Bam chuckled, "You should have said something," he said while laughing.

Khun glowered at him," I didn't want to disturb whatever you have going on there," he gestured to Bam.

"What do you mean?" Bam asked as he raised his brows. He had still not taken his eyes off the road.

Now the scenery had started changing. There were finally leaving the woods behind, and the road was tarred. It seemed they were approaching the city. Maybe Khun would finally have something to eat; he sighed as he daydreamed.

"Are you listening to me??," Bam prompted.

Khun had heard him, but he thought he had replied to him. "You were brooding, okay." Khun exhaled.

"I was?" Bam replied surprisingly.

"Yes, you were," Khun replied consciously.

"Oh, sorry about that. Probably an off day," Bam said, and he smiled directly at Khun, blinding him. Khun said nothing and turned to his side and looked out. There was nothing to do other than watching the road. Bam must have noticed the air of lethargy surrounding him, so he turned on the music.

The first song to be played was "Don't leave me" by BTS, which was very ironic to Khun. Perfectly ironic for his situation since everyone seemed to be leaving his life at every turn.

Nothing was said after that, and the ride remained quiet. After 30 minutes of trees that didn't have fruit Khun could eat, they finally got to civilization. After a couple of minutes, they finally spot a food truck. Bam ordered 3 burgers, and Khun stared at him questioningly; Bam muttered, "In case you get hungry again."

"Thank you," Khun said as he collected the burger. He bit into it and finished it hurriedly, which showed how hungry he had been. Still not feeling full, he took the other one and dug in, silently thanking Bam again. Khun took one of the soft drinks Bam had bought and quenched his thirst.

He felt so much better now.

When he was done eating, Khun noticed Bam was still eating a burger and quietly contemplating. "Is something wrong with it?" Khun asked him when he saw he wasn't rushing to eat up like him.

"Nothing," Bam finished up and started the car, and they continued on the journey.

Around noon, they finally arrived at his apartment; scratch that, it was a skyscraper. Someone hurriedly came to collect their bag and Bam's car key. Bam came out, and Khun attempted to come out of the car (Keyword attempted), but Bam was already in front, ready to carry Khun.

"You know I should try walking," Khun cautioned him. He was starting to think Bam didn't want him to start walking soon."That would not be today," Bam said.

Bam adjusted Khun in his arms and entered the lobby. People parted for him without him asking. Khun got in the inkling Bam was some kind of royalty, but he made no comment.

A massive entourage appeared out of nowhere and hurried after Bam, and the leader moved forward to ask, "Do you need help, boss?" By his tone, the help he was referring to obviously meant Khun. Khun buried his head neck in the crook of Bam's neck because he felt self-conscious.