Childe - Woman [part 2] (Fluff) M4F

"Stop this." I said. He looked at me confused. "Stop all this. You just pity me. I don't want your pity, I'm better off by myself." I said, trying my best not to fall for his stupid charm. "You think I'm joking?" He asked. I nodded. "How can I not think that if you never show me?" I asked, desperately hoping that he was not joking.

"Y/N, I love you so much that it physically hurts me to see you with someone else. It's hurts so bad to even imagine you with someone else other than me. Every single fucking day you're the only one on my mind. Bothering me every single second. You're one of the only reasons I strive to fight. I can't live without you god damn it!" He said with his hands cupping my cheeks.

"Then why don't you ever show it? Why is it always me who is left alone? You use me until you're satisfied and leave me there alone. You call that love, I call that lust. There is so much difference between love and lust. You know me when you want me and suddenly I'm a stranger to you after your needs are satisfied." I yelled at him.

"It's complicated." He said. "What's so complicated about it, huh? All I ever ask for is some attention. Just a compliment that doesn't involve sex. Just a little bit of lies that you care is all I ever ask for, even if you don't mean it, just act like you do. But no, that's hard. Acting like you know me is so hard, is it not?" I asked.

He stayed silent. "Leave. I have work, don't waste my time." I said with a cold tone. He obliged and left. I slid down the door, hugging my knees, head buried in my hands. I wasn't crying because of sadness, it was more of relief. Relieved that I finally said it, after all that time of hiding it inside.

I sniffed silently and wiped my tears. My face was flushed and my eyes were puffy. Was it worth it? Losing a best friend is hard. Am I being selfish? I don't know. Maybe it is my fault. He doesn't mean anything he said, does he? Am I making a mistake?

I was done with work and walked to Wangshuu Inn by foot. It was almost midnight. Obviously not a good time for women to be outdoors because men made it unsafe. Even hilichurls and monsters are better than men. What the hell are these gods doing?

I wanted to meet Xiao because I was thinking of eating Almond Tofu with him today. It has been a while. I looked at the silk flowers and plucked a few. The refreshing scent made me relax for a moment. I gasped when I felt a gush of cold air.

I shivered and hugged myself while collecting more silk flowers. I liked silk flowers a lot, they smelled refreshing, they looked mesmerising. Glaze lillies hit different though. The way they shine under the moonlight was simply enthralling. I could stare at them forever.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and gasped. "Calm down, it's me." I heard him say. His slender fingers played with my hair to calm me down like old times. His lean figure was radiating warmth which was comforting especially since it was really cold. His other hand was still resting on my shoulder.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a cold tone, even though I was thrilled that he was here. "I wanted to apologise." He said. I waited for him to continue. He took the hint. "I never realised I made you feel like that. But I meant every word I said." He said. He sounded genuine and I tried my best to hold back the urge to throw myself at him and hug him tightly. After all, he was still my best friend at the end of the day.

"I'll take my leave then, I have some work to complete. Can we hang out tomorrow? We can eat cold noodles together." He asked. I nodded and watched him leave. I noticed him look back a few times but ignored it. I felt a gush of wind and a familiar scent. "Greetings, Xiao." I said.

"Almond tofu." He said and handed me a plate of almond tofu. He had his own one, which had extra. "He really meant it." I said. He hummed. "Y/N, no matter what, don't forget your self worth. Make wise decisions and don't lose spirit if some stupid misogynist talks shit. I lived enough to see all these jerks thinking they are better. You're a woman, and as a woman you face so much everyday. I promise, one day, this place will be better. I swore to protect you when you first came here as a child, and I promise that Liyue will always be home to you. I will make sure this place will be safe for every woman out there." He said.

The next day, I was walking down the busy streets of Liyue Harbour. It was a bustling atmosphere. I spotted a certain ginger waiting at Wanmin restaurant. He was playing with his fingers while shaking his leg. He noticed me and waved at me. I went there and sat at the chair beside him.

"I got you something." He said with a big smile. It was adorable. "Huh?" I asked. He ignored me and ordered some food. We both ate in comfortable silence. Suddenly, I felt his legs tangled up with mine. I tried moving mine but he held them in place with his. I didn't resist and continued eating.

I noticed him staring at me. "You look amazing." He said out of the blue, catching me off guard. I blushed and tried to hide my smile. He chuckled and pat my head. "You look handsome." I said. Now it was his turn to blush. He tried to hide it with a chuckle. Cute.

He shuffled his hand in his pocket and brought out something. It was a small item that I couldn't make out since his hand was hiding it. He suddenly got on one knee and took the box out in front of him. It was a small ring box covered with velvet. "Y/N L/N, I have known you for almost 20 years. We've been through thick and thin together and I am so used to you being around that everytime you're not there, it feels wrong." He said.

"I know this might seem too soon but I think this is the right time. Will you do the honors of making me the happiest man alive by marrying me? I swear that all my attention will be on you. And we'll be more than just friends with benefits. I will do my best to give you the life you deserve." He continued. "Yes." I said. His eyes widened. He put the ring on my finger and picked me up.

"I love you so much." He said. We shared a kiss and he ran his hands through my hair. Our faces were flushed. "Don't you dare leave me again." I said. "Alright, my love." He said with a cheeky grin. He kissed my forehead and booped my nose with his. I wonder how we went from friends to this. Well, I'm glad it turned out this way.