Chapter 2: Creep

Creep
WARNING: Chapter includes mention of kidnapping.
8:30 PM

The silence had become so extreme that I could hear the clock all the way from my house ticking, and those ten seconds that passed felt like a whole minute.

"She's a classmate of mine," he finally answered.

They must have been dating if he was so hesitant. Even so, why would he be hesitant to answer that? "We should probably go," I said as I turned back to Gigi who was now out of sight. I supposed she tried to let us talk alone.

The brunette gasped as she used her hand to cover her mouth. "Waiiit, it isn't the girl you've been mentioning, is it?" she asked Mal.

"What—"

"What? I haven't been mentioning anyone from school," Mal immediately responded.

I was so puzzled.

She looked at him with sharp eyes. "Well, then I can introduce myself to her with no problem, right?"

He looked at me, then back at her. "You're being weird, Amina."

Amina was her name, then.

I pressed my lips together before it was my turn to talk. "I doubt I'm whoever he's been mentioning. We don't talk that much these days," I said while feeling awkward as I stood there, brushing my hand against my elbow.

"She has a nice voice, too." She smirked. "What's your name, babe?" She looked over at me and cocked her head to the side.

I slightly smiled. "My—"

"Why are you always bothering random people, Amina?" Mal turned to her.

Random? And she didn't even bother me. What was his deal?

"Ignore Mal-cum, he's being a dick like always," She told me before laughing.

My eyes slightly widened while I pressed my lips harder together, trying to hold my laugh after hearing her witty comment.

He glared at her. "Why do you keep calling me that? That's..." He coughed. "Aminappropriate."

Amina gasped before rolling her eyes and I grimaced. He proceeded to innocently grin.

I felt awkward mainly because a few people were staring. Their conversation after that was all just mumbling to me, as they had faced away from me and were aggressively talking back and forth. It seemed like they were close and joked with eachother a lot. I've never seen him like this in forever, that it almost didn't seem like Mal. I felt kind of glad for him that he already had found someone and was this comfortable with her. I've always thought that he wasn't really talkative. I slightly smiled at them as I turned to walk away.

I walked towards the seats where Gigi sat. It was the seats she had pointed towards earlier. I had no idea why she liked the seats that were placed against the wall. It felt less private, as anyone could just stare at us from both sides of the bus. Of course she had fallen asleep again. And before I knew it, I did too.

8:40 PM

I woke up to a gentle tap on my shoulder. I thought I figured that it was Gigi untill I looked beside me and saw that she was still asleep. I slightly jumped as my head turned ahead towards a tall, blurry silhouette. Once my eyes focused again, I noticed that it was Amina. The brunette from earlier.