Four

"I heard from a little bird, you weren't where you're supposed to be

"I heard from a little bird, you weren't where you're supposed to be." was the last thing matt expected to come out of cyrus' mouth.

Silly of Matt to think he could avoid the inevitable. Especially from his own consequences.

"What are you even talking about?" Matt played clueless, heading into his room without another glance at cyrus, who followed behind at his heels. "Matthew Bernard sturniolo" the stern tone in the girls voice had been merely unsettling for Matt. He hadn't heard it since they were kids.

Once entering his room, Matt slowly turned towards cyrus, who stood at the threshold with her arms crossed over her shoulders, looking expectantly at Matt. "Was i interrupting your date with Chris?" Matt asks, hoping his fake tone of annoyance had any genuine tinge behind it, though he was rather annoyed. Not with cyrus though, actually. Matt was rather annoyed at Chris. He got to spend a few hours with her and managed to lose her? Matt wouldn't even glance away from her for a second if that had been him. Not even if he wanted to.

"No, you fucking idiot. You know what I'm talking about. Alex. Or more so, Alex's car that you totaled."

That alone had Matt frozen in fear.

"And the neighbors car." She added matter of factly.

Matt waited a few seconds to reply, cyrus glaring impatiently at him from where she stood. Thick tension engulfed the two, tangling their unspoken thoughts together. The car, Alex, and well, authorities had been the last thing on Matt's mind. He was more concerned if cyrus had been angry with him. He cared more about if she didn't want to talk to him, or hated him, rather than the bigger situation at hand. The idea alone ate him up inside.

"You're not mad at me, are you?" He asked, his tone filled with utter concern. "He deserved it, cyrus. Come on, you know that. He cheated." Matt spoke. The girl before him shook her head.
"That's not for you to decide, matt. He didn't cheat on you. He cheated on me." Cyrus replied.

She just didn't get it.

Matt stayed quiet for a moment, his eyes frantically searching the floor in thought. "It had to do with you though, i can't help but want to help you." He said, almost ashamed of how vulnerable the words sounded once they came out. He merely cringed from it. Matt wasn't typically so open, especially not to cyrus. Not since they were kids.

"Matt, I don't need your help. I really don't. I'd rather you just mind your business again, and leave me alone." Her words struck the fragile cords of Matt's nervous system, his stomach dropping to the floor as she continued on. "I can't say I appreciate it either, you've done more damage if anything. And this? Is irreversible."