Chapter One - The Ducks!

Danielle Wilson

- Saturday June 11th -

I was sitting on the couch watching one of my favorite movies "my girl" when I heard my mom calling for me from upstairs. as I walked up I heard another voice, and saw a man standing by the front door.

"Hello! I'm Don Tibbles! I represent Hendricks Hockey Apparel. And I want you to represent team USA in this years Goodwill Games! He said to me happily.

I looked at him shocked thinking this was some kind of joke. Are you serious!? you want me to play for team USA?

Don Tibbles quickly responded. "Yes! I've seen your talent and I think you'd do amazing in representing our country this year!"

I looked at my mom for an answer then quickly responded. Yes! I would love to join the team!

Then he said." In two days will be the day you meet the team! In Minneapolis at New hope Ice rink! You will meet the ducks your new team and be joined alongside a few others I have selected!"

The Ducks!

Don responded. "Yep! The Ducks and coach Gordan Bombay! Then we will fly you and the team to California on Wednesday".

My mom agreed and they talked about all the plans for what would happen.

"Well I better get going now! I'll see you in Minneapolis on Monday!" He said while opening the door. And with that he left, leaving his business card in case we had any other questions.

Mom I cant believe I get to play for team USA! I spit out.

Yes honey I am so proud of you! and I bet your brother will be too, you can tell him when he gets home from his friends later. But for right now ill make you dinner. She said while making her way out of the living room and into the kitchen.

- Later that night -

Blake walked into the house and went right up to his room after saying "Hi" to mom and I.

After a bit I decided it was time to tell him about the news I had, I lightly knocked on his door waiting impatiently for an answer. Then I heard him say "come in." Hey Blake! I have something to tell you. I said excitedly.

He looked at me then nodded for me to sit down beside him on his bed and responded "what's up?"

So a guy named Don Tibbles showed up at the door earlier today. And I watched his reactions for a moment before continuing. He works with Hendricks Hockey Apparel, and offered me a spot on team USA, For the junior Goodwill Games!

My brother sat their shocked just looking at me. I told him about how I'd get to play with the Ducks and all of the other details.

He spoke up and said. " Wow Dani that's amazing! I'm so proud and Excited for you!"

- Two days later ~  Monday June 13th -

The Don Tibbles guy had someone come get me since my mom was working, we went straight to the airport to pick up the other new kids. He had signs so they knew where to go, the first one to come over was a brown haired boy about 5'8 he had an amazing country accent I soon found out his name was "Dwayne Robertson"

"Howdy! I'm Dwayne Robertson!" He said while smiling then we started talking while we waited for someone else to show up I found out there were still 4 left to show.

The next two people to show up was a huge guy named "Dean Portman" about 6'0! and a boy shorter then me! he was about 5'0 and his name was "Ken Wu."

"Hi I'm Dean Portman and  I'm Ken Wu!" They said while shaking hands with everyone now we were only waiting on two!

The next one to walk up to us was a very pretty girl about 5'5 my height! Her name was "Julie Gaffney" I knew from the start we were going to be best friends. We talked for about 10 minuets getting to know each other until the last guy started to walk our way.

" Hi I'm Luis Mendoza! Sorry my plane took forever to get everyone off!" he said while playfully rolling his eyes. He was about 5'7 (yes I notice everyone's height that one of the first things I notice when I meet someone)

After getting everyone we all sat in the limo and drove to the hotel to get ready so we could meet the ducks! Which personally I was very excited about.

Once we got to the arena we all went to get our gear on, Then we waited for the signal to come out and be introduced by the man himself Don Tibbles.

When it came time we all skated out, and I was watching all my new friends show off there talents. And then I caught eyes with a very good looking guy, blonde hair, about 5'7  give or take and brown eyes. Very nice ones if I do say so myself. But then I quickly looked away so I didn't seem like a creep.

(Btw Connie and Guy weren't ever together in this it'll be her and Luis) (I do love Connie and Guy with my whole heart though) (I'm also not the best with hockey so if I say or do something wrong please don't come after me!)

Finally I got called and starting doing some of the things I'm good at, like skating really fast and shot on Julie and made it in I'm really good at shooting and choosing where is goes every time, well mostly every time.

After I was done. The good looking guy skated up to me and said. " That was really good! Even faster then that Luis guy and plus you can stop." he said trying not to laugh." I'm Guy, Guy Germaine."

It's nice to meet you Guy, I'm Danielle Wilson, but you can call me Dani. I said while smiling.

We were talking while some of the team were fighting with the "new kids." After the coach talked to everyone we did a scrimmage and then went back to the hotel, I shared a room with Julie. And we relaxed and talk for the rest of the night before getting some sleep.

Authors note

This is my first book I've made so I'm sorry if it's bad. But I was thinking at the next practice is where you really meet everyone not really the first cuz all they did was scrimmage then left so yea lmk if you have anymore ideas too! Please be nice about it.