𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐛

Lea never really understood love before she met Steve

Lea never really understood love before she met Steve. She had never really seen it. She didn't know why people did the things they did or said the things they said when they were in love.

When she fell for him, it all began to make sense. She wanted to tell him every single second that he was the one she wanted. She wanted to kiss him and hug him and touch him. And she wanted to protect him because if he wasn't there what was the point?

Steve's panicked shouts were the only thing Lea could hear other than her loud labored breathing. She was running, and fast to get to him.

Steve was finally close enough to see in detail and her heart must've skipped eight beats because there were three bats on him. One was strangling him and the other two were trying to rip open his stomach.

Lea slid down next to him and grabbed the bat closest to her, trying to pry it off, ignoring the stinging pain of the creature's claws on her hands.

She pulled it off of him as she saw Nancy, Robin, and Eddie running toward them. Lea threw the bat behind her with a grunt and got off her knees.

Eddie ran up and pulled her off of the ground trying to get her away from the bats. "Eddie, no!"
She tore herself out of his grip.

Nancy swung a boat oar at the other bad gnawing at Steve's abdomen and it crawled off of him, whimpering like it was hurt, and then flew away.

Lea swept the sweat from her brow and ran over to Steve once again, she grabbed the tail of the creature and pulled it, digging her nails in, trying to hurt it.

"Lee, move!" Nancy shouted, almost pushing her out of the way. She stumbled back and her chest heaved with anger.

"Hopper, behind you!" She heard Eddie scream.

Lea spun around just in time to see the bat coming towards her. It tackled her to the ground with great force.

She screamed causing Robin and Nancy to look over at her. "Lee!" Robin screamed.

Another bat came hurdling at Nancy and she swung the oar at it just in time. The two girls ran over to help Lea.

Robin pulled the tail and Nancy hit it with the boat oar repeatedly.

Lea looked over watching Steve pry the thing off of himself and start swinging it through the air and hitting it on the ground.

Nancy and Robin began to get attacked by another bat and began trying to get it away from them. They killed it.

Steve tore the monster apart. Literally.

The blonde had enough anger built up that she pushed the creature off of her chest and sent it flying to the ground.

She got up looking at it lying there. Because of habit when dealing with demonic monsters, she put her hand out in front of her.

The monster began convulsing and it was lifted into the air slowly. When it was high up, one of its wings broke off, and next was the tail.