05. Tears Will Fall.

(a/n: dates may not coincide with real-life events.)

The Sunset Where We Met

Chapter 5: Tears Will Fall.

April 11, 2022.

"Make sure to text me when you arrive."

"Yeah, mom. I'll text you the moment I arrive," she repeated to her mom for the sixth time. "I won't forget it! Really, is the first thing that I'll do... I promise."

She smiled warmly at her mother. The woman looked at her carefully, wanting to remember every detail of her daughter's face. She will miss her so much that it hurts.

Lisa of course noticed this. She wanted to play it down but she feels she'll be crying if she opens her mouth.

She didn't want her mom to feel sad... and she didn't want to feel sad either. She shouldn't be like this! She just had her best time..., spending beautiful days with her family. Days that will give her strength when she most needs it.

She shouldn't cry now, it will kill the moment. She doesn't want a sad memory, she wants to leave with the happy ones.

So she just smiled once more, until her cheeks hurt, and engulfed her in a tight hug. The woman of course hugged her back, even tearing up a bit. Lisa felt her dad's arms joining with them, rubbing their arms up and down.

"We'll miss you, our little girl. So so much..."

I'll miss you too...

"Thank you..." she murmured, with her eyes closed. "For giving me my best birthday."

And soon, she was taking a flight again...

Airplanes seemed to be the most constant thing in her life.

She couldn't help but think... what if, what if. What if she wouldn't audition that time? What if she would never become the superstar that she is now?

Would her life be too different? Would things be better? Would things be worse?

She just kept wondering and wondering... Once and again, until she finally fell asleep.

 Once and again, until she finally fell asleep