VIII

"I'm definitely using this as my wallpaper. your expression here is just too cute." Vincent spoke, referring to the last picture as he nodded rather seriously.

"Your Majesty... I have a question for you." Jasper voiced.

"Yes...?" Vincent replied, looking back at Jasper.

"Your Majesty, why do you even want to try it out. You don't even have feelings for me. You don't need to pretend for my sake. I'm fine just being your servant, best friend and confidant. As long as I can stay by your side."

"What makes you think I don't have feelings for you? You've always been the only one I had. The only one who took care of me, understood me, trusted me and believed in me."

"I might have taken those feelings as just how I feel about my closest friend because my mind never went anywhere else, but now I think about it, I might have liked you from the very beginning without knowing it."

Vincent sighed and stuffed his phone in his pocket, taking steps towards Jasper.

Standing in front of Jasper, he placed his hands on Jasper's chest feeling the material of his shirt, then slowly and languidly moving his hands up his chest, towards his first button.

Vincent lowered his voice.

"But... just because I didn't think in that direction then doesn't mean I haven't thought about it over and over since you mentioned it. I can't get it out of my head. And I don't want to either."

"I really don't mind doing anything with you. As long as it's you." Vincent whispered right beside Jasper's ear. His breath fanning Jasper's ear.

Jasper caught his hands in panic and pulled them away from his chest, taking a step back. "Vincent, I think you need to think about this carefully, I-" Jasper started.

"You think I didn't?!" Vincent shouted, cutting him off.

"No it's not like that. I mean, there's a lot to consider Your Majesty. What would people think? How would they treat you? What of your business?"

"And why are you so concerned about those?! You never brought any of that up when I was going on dates or sleeping around so why does it matter now? Why?" Vincent roared.

"I'm not trying to anger you Vincent, things are just much more different when it's men. People would pay more attention and it'll affect a lot. I don't want you to go through that." Jasper replied softly.

"And I don't care, so stop trying to give me reasons not to be with you. Fine, if you won't ask, I will. And if you reject me over these stupid petty reasons, I'm never letting you leave the house ever again. I'll allow you to leave me if you give me a good enough reason. But if you don't have one, and you reject me, just forget ever leaving here." Vincent informed him with ice underlying each and every word.

"And if I tell you I don't have feelings for you. Will that be a good enough reason?" Jasper asked.

Vincent took a step back in shock, then his face became neutral and he said nothing for a long while, before finally replying.

"Yes. It's a good enough reason." He answered with a small smile. Then looked down at the floor in silence.

"Alright, then. Your Majesty must be willing to take responsibility for all that will happen afterwards, if you accept." Jasper paused, for dramatic effect, then continued. "Would you like to be my boyfriend?"

Vincent's head snapped up immediately in shock. "What?"

"I asked if Your Majesty would like to be my boyfriend?" Jasper repeated.

"Did I hear correctly? Hear you asking me to be your boyfriend?" Vincent asked.

"Yes, you did." Jasper replied.

"Why on earth did you make it seem like you were going to tell me you don't like me anymore? You heartless bastard!" Vincent's temper flared.

"I promise I didn't do it to piss you off, I just wanted to know what you'd do if I said so and if it'll affect you. I've gotten my answer, but I have feelings for you, so I don't see myself going anywhere else anytime soon."

"I hate you so much." Vincent glared at him.

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty. You still haven't answered my question though." Jasper reminded him.

"What was the question again?" Vincent asked, still glaring at him.

Jasper sighed, "I asked if Your Majesty would like to be my boyfriend. Would you?"

"Yes, I'll be your boyfriend, but you're going to have to pay for all the anxiety you've made me go through." Vincent replied in a frosty tone.

Jasper fell to his knees, placing his forehead on the back of Vincent's hand. "Anything. I'll do anything to remedy my mistake."

Vincent stared at him for a while, probably not expecting Jasper to react that way.

Vincent pulled his hand out of Jasper's. "Alright." He placed his hand on Jasper's hair in acceptance. "You already gave me your word. Don't go back on it."

"I would never, Your Majesty." Jasper replied immediately.

Vincent smiled. "Get up."

Jasper got up to his feet immediately seeing the proud expression on Vincent's face, before Vincent hugged him suddenly. Jasper stood in shock for a few minutes before slowly hugging him back and burying his head in Vincent's neck.

They stood there a while before Jasper remembered. "Oh no. Your Majesty please let me go. You need to eat."

"No. I already ordered takeout for breakfast this morning. I ordered for you as well."

The sound of the bell rang just in time.

"You need to let me go so I can answer the door Your Majesty."

"Vincent.", Vincent corrected.

"Vincent."

"For calling me Your Majesty. I'm not going to let you go. This is how we'll answer the door."

"But, your m- But Vincent-"

"Do you have any problems with my order?" Vincent shot him an 'I dare you to differ' look.

"Not at all, Your Majesty!" Jasper replied.

Vincent raised a brow at him.

"Vincent! Not at all, Vincent." He corrected himself immediately.

"Good." Vincent nodded, and removed his hands from around Jasper's neck, placing one firmly around Jasper's waist instead.

Jasper had a strained smile on his face, even as Vincent opened the door, with a polite smile.

Vincent collected the food and paid, with his arm still wrapped securely around Jasper's waist.

The 'kill me now' expression on Jasper's face didn't seem to be leaving his face anytime soon either.

The deliveryman had a weird look on his face too as he looked back and forth between them, but he didn't see anything wrong, because although Jasper looked very embarrassed he didn't look like he wanted to leave Vincent's side at any point. So his expression was more like a cross between satisfaction and embarassment.