Chapter 4

"How was that possible?" Megan ranted as she wrapped a piece of her hair around the curling iron.

Cassandra put on her mascara in the mirror, "Well at least they got above double digits, right?"

Megan let the warm curl fall, turning around with her eyes narrowed, "They were neck and neck and they managed to score just in the nick of time. We legit had a chance to win and it was taken out of her hands!" she seethed.

Cassandra laughed at her initial thoughts, "Our theory about the librarian must have been true after all!"

Megan couldn't help but crack a smile when hearing her best friend, "And there isn't any way to convince you that using your magic at school can be justified?"

"Megan, I'm not going to curse the librarian just because you don't like her." Cassandra scoffed using one of her makeup brushes to apply a light blush to the apples of her cheeks.

Megan tossed her hair, checking to see if there was any more hair left to curl, "Have you ever cursed anyone?"

Cassandra thought for a second or two but then shook her head, "Nah, I normally use my magic for good, but sometimes I get bored and I become a menace to society."

Megan's laugh transitioned into a cough as she used hairspray on her curls, "You're wild and crazy, but I wouldn't exactly call you a menace to society. What have you done to deem yourself worthy of that title?"

"I've occasionally made a couple of kids in my class think that they were going crazy by changing what's in their water bottles. So if someone is drinking water, I'll sometimes change it to coffee or 100% cranberry juice." Cassandra smiled at the memory, padding her brush into her black eyeshadow.

Megan turned fully around, mouth agape, "What? Wouldn't the color change?"

Cassandra rubbed the dark powder on her eyelid, "You'd think but I've been pretty successful with tricking people. Even if they don't taste it, they'll look at it and you can see the sheer confusion."

Taking the braid she just finished, Megan pinned it to the back of her head, "How does this look?" she asked.

Cassandra gave her a thumbs up, "It looks cute!" she exclaimed, nearly finished doing her smokey eye look. Spritzing the setting spray over her eyes, she looked towards the two hangers that were on the back of Megan's bedroom door. Her dress was a short sleeve emerald dress that was covered with sparkles. Just bringing her dress here covered her car's seat with stray glitter. Megan's stress was a strapless sapphire dress that was bedazzled on the waist, the tulle skirt having tiny gems found throughout.

She and Megan had planned the whole night, and she was buzzing with excitement. Before they left to take photos, they had ordered pizza and were going to watch the latest episode of the drama that Megan was obsessed with at the moment. As Megan just finished doing her makeup, the doorbell rang.

"Pizza time!" cheered Cassandra as she rushed down the stairs. By the time Megan had gotten downstairs, Cassandra had two glasses filled with ice on the counter, and she was putting three slices of pepperoni pizza on the plate. Megan grabbed the cups and headed towards the fridge, "What do you want to drink?" she asked.

"You got any orange pop?" Cassandra questioned, grabbing Megan's plate and putting two slices on it.

"You betcha," Megan answered, taking a can of orange soda out of the fridge, cracking it open, and pouring it over the ice. She filled her own glass with water from the tap before returning to the living room, the channel already on.

Megan handed Cassandra her glass, "Cheers!" she announced, clinking glasses with the purple-haired girl before taking a drink, their eyes glued to the television screen.