Chapter 3

As she entered the field with Megan, Cassandra fit in with the cheering fans on the bleachers. Adorned in Golden Oak's colors of yellow and black, it was the time of the year that many avid fans of their school have been waiting for - their homecoming game.

Cassandra had gone to Megan's house to get ready to give their support. Megan and she were wearing matching outfits - black long-sleeved shirts and leggings, with a black and yellow tutu. On their faces were black and yellow face paint dots going from the top of one of their cheeks to the top of their eyebrow. Megan swore that they were what was popular right now, so Cassandra just agreed to also paint them on her face.

Cassandra fiddled with the tulle of the tutu as the two went towards their spot at the top of the bleachers. The countdown to the first kickoff of the night still had 12 minutes remaining. No doubt that she and Megan would get popcorn before the game - she loved the stuff so much, Cassandra wasn't sure if it was problematic or just a love for the buttery, salty treat.

"This is our last homecoming," Megan announced, her voice almost somber.

Cassandra tapped the side of Megan's arm with her knuckles, "Since when were you so worried about something like that?" She hadn't thought too hard about tonight being their last homecoming game as students of Golden Oak, but she certainly didn't think that Megan had put any thought into it.

"I can't help but be a little sentimental, you know? After all the memories we've had, all the games you and I have been to," she paused, a grumpy expression appearing, "All the fundraising I had to do."

Cassandra giggled as she placed a hand in front of her mouth, "We still got plenty more memories to make, Meg. It's the last homecoming game, so let's enjoy the night while we can."

"Let's hope that the boys maybe win this game." Megan sassed, looking at Cassandra who put her hands up defensively.

She spoke quietly, "Listen, I hope you know that I haven't hexed the team to never win the homecoming game. They've done that all by themselves without any witchy interference."

Megan rolled her eyes, leaning in close so that no one else heard what she was saying, "Maybe there's another witch in this school who is secretly out to curse every single football player on the team."

Cassandra gasped, "It must be the librarian! She lives in one of the houses near the football field. She probably curses the whole team and stands at her window, grinning as the score never goes past double digits." she joked.

Megan cackled, "I knew there was something off about her! I shall confront her about it the next time she tries to yell at me."

As the two snickered about their conspiracy theory, more and more people moseyed their way into the bleachers, their hands filled with food from the concession stands. Cassandra heard Megan's stomach grumble clear as day. Megan's face grew a faint shade of pink, "I think I need some popcorn, wanna go together? We still have a few minutes before the game's supposed to start."

Cassandra hopped to her feet, her hands digging in her purse for some cash. "For sure. For some reason, the hot chocolate that they use is one of my favorites. I gotta make sure I grab a cup, probably another by the time the game ends."

As Megan and Cassandra walked down the aisle of the bleachers, Megan made eye contact with Skyler, who had been eyeing her ever since the blonde had walked past the gates. Megan gave her a playful wink before turning back to Cassandra.

Cassandra quirked an eyebrow, "What's up with her, you think?"

Megan rolled her eyes, something that Cassandra noticed she often does, "Who knows, seems like she has a problem with just about everyone."