1

I flip backwards, dodging Chiro's fist. I grab his arm and flip him over my head, slamming him into the ground. When he comes to his senses, I press my foot on his chest and slide the sword from its hilt on my utility belt, aiming it at his throat.

"Well done," Antauri says. I replace the sword and take my foot off of Chiro's chest, giving a slight bow, Japanese-style. Since I can't use my voice, I've been learning how to use weapons and hand-to-hand combat.

"Chiro? How do you think she did?" Sparx asks teasingly. Chiro sticks his arm up and gives a thumbs-up. Sparx chuckles, and Nova slams a huge fist into his face.

'You deserved that,' I think, using the Power Primate to communicate.

"Aw, shaddup," Sparx grumbles. I raise an eyebrow. "Oh, right."

"Anyways," Gibson coughs, "I've tracked Fay. It seems to be heading towards the area around Shuggazoom. It won't cause any impact; we'll just get a good show."

"Woo-hoo!" Otto fist pumps. "We finally get to go home!"

'I'm going to go into my pod,' I think aloud. Antauri nods.

I've been with the Hyper Force for so long, and I haven't gotten an actual room. Not that they're rude; I've been offered a room a LOT of times, but I've always declined. My pod is cozy, and I really like it.

Sitting down in my pod, a press a button to shut its door. I finger the orb around my neck, attached by a leather chord. Staring into the blue mist, I think that if I look hard enough, I can see Cameron's face inside. Maybe, if I listen hard enough, I can hear his voice again. If I focus, maybe I can smell the cologne-and-coffee scent he carries. Maybe I can hear all those songs that I've ever sang, maybe I can see that twilight forest clearing again.

I'd taken so much for granted.

I fall asleep in the pod, drifting off into a dreamy state. I find myself in that forest clearing again, but it's quiet.

"Cameron?" I call out in my dream. I'm not able to speak in real life.

"Chelsea!" Cameron yells. I run in the direction of his voice.

"Cameron! Where are you?"

"I'm right here," he says, always just in front of me. I look behind trees and shrubs. He's always just behind an oak, only right behind me, sometimes above me. But every time I turn my head, he's a little bit farther away.

"Bye, Chelsea," Cameron says softly.

"When can I see you again?" I ask urgently.

"You can't," Cameron states.

"What? Why not?" Silence. "Cameron. Cameron. Cameron!"

I wake with a gasp, already in a cold sweat with watery eyes. I've been having the same dream for nights on end now.

It's a tease.