𝙚𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙚 𝙢𝙪𝙣𝙨𝙤𝙣

" I wanted you to leave -- I wanted you to have better than me "

story status: available

taken by: tbt

title: Smoke Signals

fandom: Stranger Things

movie/season: Season 4+

oc name: Holly Oak

faceclaim: Samantha Logan

↦ alt faceclaims: Taylor Russell & Jazz Sinclair

alt faceclaims: Taylor Russell & Jazz Sinclair

story description:

The future's unwritten; the past is a corridor

plot summary:

Holly Oak's future never seemed too bright. The cards seemed to have never been dealt in her favor. Her dad left before she could remember the idea of him. Skipping out last minute, deciding in the waiting room while his fiance lay nearly bleeding out in an operating room with a screaming baby being held by a nurse standing beside her. 

It all started when Holly Oak was born. Her dad had skipped town last minute. Deciding in the hospital waiting room that he wasn't ready to raise a kid. All the while his fiance lay nearly bleeding out in an operating room while calling out for a squalling baby being carried out by a nurse covered in blood. 

Holly was raised mostly by the old women in the trailer park she lived in. The park was hidden under lines of trees and sat in an open field in the middle of Hawkins Indiana. She ran around trailer park yardsales with pennies lining her pockets. She stole candy bars from the nearest gas station when her mom would send her for a pack of cigarettes, she had to find ways to keep herself busy while her mom was away. Holly was an only child and her mom worked two jobs to keep them from being homeless. So, she was alone a lot. Despite the many children littering in the lot, Holly really only had herself.