𝙥𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙚𝙧 ✩

( vip )

" Huh, this is looking a lot like a damsel in distress to me "

story status: available

taken by: tbt

title: Cinderella / Damsel in Distress

fandom: Marvel Cinematic Universe

movie/season: Spider-Man: Homecoming +

oc name: Ella Trem

faceclaim: Madison Iseman

↦ alt faceclaims: Lili Reinhart & Josephine Langford

alt faceclaims: Lili Reinhart & Josephine Langford

story description: She is not Cinderella, she is just your average girl. And the world may be her oyster, but she is not its pearl.

plot summary:

She was not Cinderella.

Ella Trem had always hated her name. She hated her blonde hair. And she hated Walt Disney for creating the damn princess, Cinderella. Because it was as if that story had been the basis for her very real and not at all fairytale life.

She had it all. Beauty and grace. Money and popularity. But she'd give it all to have another day with her mom and dad. It was a tragic accident, their deaths, and it was hard on Ella, losing her parents before her eighth-grade graduation. They were the ones to have coined Ella's similarity to the infamous Disney Princess, and since losing them, she's hated all comparisons.

Ella's aunt had taken her in. She had twins the same as Ella. Arabella and Danny. They were absolute horrors to live with. Her aunt wasn't terrible but she was absent a lot, always working. The twins were spoiled. They didn't like Ella, always claiming that she thought she was better than them. While the twins went to a public high school in town, Ella had been offered a place in Midtown High School's newest program, Fashion Design & Production. Danny and Arabella thought she was attending just to show off to them. Most of the time, Ella would ignore them.

Ella couldn't escape the comparisons even at a school of geniuses. Everyone called her Cinderella. She felt a weight on her shoulders because of this. It created some kind of expectation for her to be as perfect as a princess. It was impossible to be that girl and herself at the same time.

The friendly neighborhood Spider-Man even joined in on the fun. Ella worked in town every other weekday. She was part-time at a small boutique and was hired to close on certain nights that the owner could not. This left Ella to walk alone in the dark on some evenings. One night Spider-Man spotted her and walked her home like the gentleman he is. Since that night he's memorized her schedule and would be waiting for her just a few steps away when she'd lock the pink door of the boutique. The first few times were cute. And she appreciated the gesture. But Ella got tired of him following her around as if she was completely useless. And she made sure that he knew how she felt too. Ella would remind Spider-Man she was not a damsel in distress that he needed to save.

Until Ella was on her way to Liz's house, choosing to take shortcuts, and somehow walking right into an illegal, black-market weapons transaction.

Now she might be a damsel in distress and she really needed Spider-Man to come and save her.

character quotes:

•  "I am not a damsel in distress who you need to save, web-slinger."

•  "You're the web-slinger?"

•  "My parents made me Cinderella, but they're gone now, and so is she."

things to keep in the story:

•  Ella is a very popular girl in Midtown.

•  Ella, Liz, and Betty are all best friends.

•  Flash loves calling Ella, Cinderella.

•  Ella is not a genius, but she's very talented in fashion and design.

•  Ella does not hate her cousins, they're just annoying, and she likes her aunt, she just doesn't see a lot of her.

•  Ella is not on the decathlon team.

•  Peter and Ella have never talked outside of maybe small interactions in the hallway if one bumped into the other.

•  Ella will likely develop a crush on Spider-Man.

• It shouldn't be until the near end (end of Spider-Man: Homecoming) when Ella finds out about Peter being Spider-Man.

•  Ella will feel betrayed and embarrassed upon learning that she has been talking to Peter, her classmate, this entire time. She's had many deep conversations with a boy she doesn't even really know.

•  She'll also feel bad and confused about never noticing Peter before.

•  Ella and Peter will not be dating by the end, they're relationship will have to grow more since they weren't actually friends. She liked Spider-Man... not Peter Parker. Ella should also like Peter.

• Wouldn't it be cool to find a way to give Ella powers... hmm...