Author's Note

Hi there!

Thank you for taking the time to check out my book! Before we dive into Have Faith, I wanted to go over a few things. Feel free to skip this if you'd rather not know anything that sounds like a spoiler.

1. My tentative schedule is to post chapters on Thursdays. This is currently more of a hope than a hard date. If you don't see an update, don't worry. I haven't abandoned this book and I promise I'll be back when I can.

2. This one is probably unpopular, but I will not be doing much, if any, work to try and make this story fit with the PJO series. There are a number of reasons for this, but the main one is that this is a mortal AU, and I want to make it a true one. By the nature of this world and these characters' experiences, they're not going to behave the exact same as the book characters. With the setting, I'll try my best to make it feel real but that does not mean it'll be the same setting from the books. (I haven't read the books in years, so I couldn't make the school Goode. I just don't know it well enough. Whoops?)

3. This one's more of a fun tidbit, but this story is part of my project to write more soulmate AUs. It's actually book one. Currently, I only have one other book from this series posted. (It's called Brighter Horizons, it's technically book five (long story), and updates are sporadic because again, it's book five.) I'll talk about them more as this book wraps up.

4. This story's mine, but the characters belong to Rick, yadda yadda yadda... somehow I doubt I'll get sued considering how popular fanfiction is but you get the gist.

5. For people keeping an eye out for triggers, this book won't show much that should be problematic, mostly because Gabe is not a present character in this book. Child abuse will be discussed and I don't know how vivid those descriptions will be. Other than that, I don't expect for more triggers to pop up. If they do, I'll mention them at the beginning of the chapter (and if I miss anything, please call me on it. I want to fix things like that).

I think that's everything!

Hope you're psyched up for some enemies to lovers between two literal soulmates. Hold on to your hats, folks, 'cause here we go!

[update as of 2024: I'm still here, somehow, and I'm doing my best to figure out where I left off two years ago. Any earlier chapters I'm going to leave as is currently, though I may publish a whole rewrite if I. manage to finish this and get around to revising it for greater cohesion. Anywho. Carry on.]